Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

high idle and wont start when hot

I have 1993 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 and had the same/similar issue. Here is what I found in my case (after doing a long list of troubleshooting, none of which listed this as the problem): MY SOLUTION: THE IAC HAD SHORTED OUT, AND IN TURN, SHORTED THE COMPUTER. THE SOLUTION WAS TO REPLACE BOTH THE...
  2. M

Motor dies when starting Hot.

I have 1993 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 and had the same/similar issue. Here is what I found in my case (after doing a long list of troubleshooting, none of which listed this as the problem): MY SOLUTION: THE IAC HAD SHORTED OUT, AND IN TURN, SHORTED THE COMPUTER. THE SOLUTION WAS TO REPLACE BOTH...
  3. M

Cargo Lamp Replacement

RE: LED Brake/back-up lights I have to believe that there are LED replacements out there. And I thought I would be doing that; but after putting in a new headlight switch, those bulbs are burning just like new, along with the headlights; so I will forgo that for now. The backup lights are...
  4. M

Cargo Lamp Replacement

And as a side note: My lights were going dim as time has gone by: new light switch (worth every penny!) in the dash changed all that! Whoa! Much brighter lights all around: headlights, tail lights, interior lights; all brighter! AND did a search for LED conversion kit for 1993 Ford Explorer...
  5. M

Motor dies when starting Hot.

Without a CEL and code number this may be difficult if not impossible. Have you tried hooking up a reader? (often available for free at some autolparts stores...however they may not read special ford codes...which a ford reader would...)... Reason I am posting here: 175k miles = lots = oil...
Back