Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

What are the symptoms of a bad Cat???

Dumb Girl Question...LOL Oil levels are fine, where would the oil be coming from if it's burning oil?
  2. C

Thanks for the replies! The CEL doesn't come on. The truck is a little sluggish, with a rattle in the general location of the cat. also, there's a burning oil smell, not rotten eggs. the truck has no leaks either... hmmmm...
  3. C

Hi All, What are the symptoms/performance issues of a catalytic converter going bad??? Thanks! :)
  4. C

No Brakes?!?!?!?!

Had the bleeder closed, there are no leaks. I did bleed the fronts... all will go bleed all for now. hopefully that's all it is. Thanks for the replies!!!
  5. C

No Brakes?!?!?!?!

Ok Boys... Send me in the right direction here. Replaced my front brake pads this morning, now NO BRAKES... Everything was fine before this... Any ideas?
  6. C

Oil Pump Gone???

Yuck!... think i need a engine flush after seeing those pics!
  7. C

Best Engines Flush???

After pulling my pans yesterday and finding a lot of gunt I'm thinking about doing a engine flush. What do you all think is the best??? Thanks!
  8. C

Oil Pump Gone???

It never rattled before, but I found plastic! and a crap/gunt... cleaned the pickup... put everything back... Got pressure! :) after about 3 miles started rattling a bit.. :( tomorrow is a new day...
  9. C

Oil Pump Gone???

I got oil... :) it was only 1/2 qrt low... Figure I'll pull the pan and see whats up. Also, change the oil and filter...
  10. C

Oil Pump Gone???

Yes... I had it towed home. Started with no problem... gauge jumped and died... engine rattled.
  11. C

Oil Pump Gone???

That's it? anyone else? come on boys....help a girl out here..please :confused:
  12. C

Oil Pump Gone???

yup..
  13. C

Oil Pump Gone???

On my way to work this afternoon which is only 8 miles. Half way there my oil gauge starts jumping around like its on crack! another 2 miles and my engine sounds like a can full of rocks being shaken! Lost my oil pump????
  14. C

Only STALLS.....

Just a simple little old V6....
  15. C

Only STALLS.....

Goes fine in reverse but once I let up on the gas it will stall...
  16. C

Only STALLS.....

When in Reverse...LOL any ideas? Thanks!
  17. C

Won't Downshift Hmmmm.....?

Here's another girl question..... Transmission won't downshift with accelerator pedal pressed to the floor... 99 XLT SOHC V6 2wd Automatic trans 169,000 miles Just finished replacing thermostat, housing & sending units, intake manifold gaskets, serpentine belt, fan blade. It runs...
  18. C

I'm Stupid! Temp Sending Unit?

Thanks! Found it! I decided to replace the sending units also....got one out! :) but the other just spins in the housing :( Now what? do I have to replace the housing now?
  19. C

Temperature sending unit will not unscrew. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem!!! any luck yet?
  20. C

I'm Stupid! Temp Sending Unit?

I must be blind! I can not locate the Temp sending unit on my 99 SOHC! Help!!!! Everything I read has a different location...
  21. C

Moody Fuel Pump ????

The one thing I don't understand is..... when the weather is warmer it does not have this problem. Only when the weather drops below 65. :scratch: The last few days the weather has been in the 80's, and no problem starting.... I'm soooo confused. :confused: LOL
  22. C

Moody Fuel Pump ????

anyone?
  23. C

Moody Fuel Pump ????

Hi All! Happy Holidays.... Sometimes, especially when the weather is a little colder. It takes several tries to start the truck. I turn the key to the on position several time before I hear the Fuel Pump hum...then it will start fine.... I can hear the relay clicking. Also, did a full tune-up...
Back