Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Headlight switch miniature light bulb

I am not familiar with LEDs but my understanding is I would have to install an LED behind every icon or symbol on the swith since the LED does not spread light and putting just one in the designated bulb position will not light up the entire switch...am I right? It would be too much work but...
  2. D

Headlight switch miniature light bulb

Hi all... Can anyone help me find a replacement for the small light bulb that illuminates the headlight switch? The dealership does not sell it, and they tell me the only way is to replace the entire switch at an $87 dollars cost.. The light is a small wire-terminal-base bulb sitting in...
  3. D

help :2007 explorer radio illuminaion not working

FYI...Problem solved The ford dealership had to reprogram the Radio unit to read and connect with the car's GEM module. This lets the radio unit communicate with the car as far as the light switch and the speed volume feature. The technician was not sure if this will work but he said he...
  4. D

look at the description for this item http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-08-Ford-Mustang-GT-Shelby-Shaker-500-6-CD-Radio-MP3_W0QQitemZ180317132935QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_Video?hash=item180317132935&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 In the...
  5. D

Yes except the antenna connector is the newer model one. I now called a repair shop and they said they have never heard of a GEM module needing to be programmed for these features! what a nightmare
  6. D

It is 869..single CD Strange..it should work then...I dont know if I should take the chance and pay the $80 for reprogramming
  7. D

is this it? DZU7A, part # 7L2T-18C869-AE Can you tell?
  8. D

Thanks for your reply...What is DSP button? A little update...The speed volume feature is also not working. I took the unit out and it is a refurbished unit. All the connections are fine. I took it apart and tested the LEDs on the display board and they all work A ford dealer just...
  9. D

2007 Explorer radio illumination

I think there is an issue..The speed volume feature is also not working! I took it out..It looks refurbished or repaird as there is a sticker label from a repair shop on it (Which I called, but they are no longer in business) I took it apart, I tested each individual LED on the buttons...
  10. D

bump Anybody? Please if you can also tell me whether buying a used ford fusion or mercury milan 2006 6 cd changer system will work in my 07 explorer?
  11. D

Please help me I just bought a 2007 explorer, When I turn on the dashboard lights, everything lights up fine except for the stereo buttons..it works fine including the display but the buttons just dont illuminate. The display also does not dimm down when the interior dash lights are turned on...
  12. D

I also notice that the radio display does not dimm when the interior dash lights are turned on...I think that means it is not a simple bulb issue? Please help
  13. D

Please help me I just bought a 2007 explorer, When I turn on the dashboard lights, everything lights up fine except for the stereo buttons..it works fine including the display but the buttons just dont illuminate Is this a fuse issue? It is a stock stereo and my guess is that it was never...
Back