Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

How Do You Turn OFF / Disable Interior Lights?

yes^ I would like this also. i just want to have them off when you hatch is open playing music. trying to draw as least as possible.
  2. C

My Explorer (little dif than most on here)

anything new with this? awesome truck!
  3. C

Second Gear Flare

I posted this in the stock section but didn't get any answers. I tried searching but didn't find anything. I have a second gear flare but it only flares under 3/4 throttle from about 40 mph (i.e. merging on the highway). I tried full throttle from a stand still, full throttle at 40 mph cruise...
  4. C

Second Gear Flare

Anyone have an idea?
  5. C

Second Gear Flare

I tried searching but didnt really find the answer. I have a second gear flare but it only flares under 3/4 throttle from about 40 mph (i.e. merging on the highway). I tried full throttle from a stand still, full throttle at 40 mph cruise, and normal take off. All shifts good and firm but not...
  6. C

Won't Idle

I got it fixed, it was the IAC. But what was weird was it happened suddenly. Something like that usually takes some time. All is good now though.
  7. C

Won't Idle

Hello, I have a '96 XLT. Just this morning I started up and just cranks. It will start if I hit the gas but will shut off again after I let off. After starting a few time like that and I slowly let off the gas it will idle at about 300 rpm. Any ideas on what could be causing this? If you...
  8. C

Is changing the trans fluid really important?

actually if you ask ford, since it is a 'sealed' unit, it is "lifetime" flui. but we all know that is a raft of crap. also most transmissions have 100k service intervals
  9. C

Is changing the trans fluid really important?

it's really more of how it's driven. we just rebuilt a 02 explorer trans with 185,000 miles on it.
  10. C

Should i do this ?? 170k 03 eddie 4.0

i hate to tell you with metal in the pan and the delay going into drive the trans is right on the edge of going. as for the engine depends on your maintenance if it still runs fairly strong your proli alright. but i know with my luck ill rebuild the trans and th engine or something else will...
  11. C

R37... Time for my 4.0 build

keep the info coming. nice to see some one do something wild with the ohv engine.
  12. C

Should i do this ?? 170k 03 eddie 4.0

as far as i know you cant actually do a complete flush because of the torque convertor. there is more oil in there though than just pulling the pan. actually with the mileage and you say you can feel it starting to slip, might want to look into getting a rebuild while its not tore up bad. these...
  13. C

Radiator

I tried searching but didn't really find anything. My radiator has a leak and I am going to get a new one. From what I have read, the V8 has a larger core radiator than the V6, which I have. Is this true? If so will it bolt up? I do a good bit of towing so it would be nice to have a little...
  14. C

Going in for the tranny rebuild this week

thats not bad at all. my dad does transmissions and is doing a 2001 explorer now for $1585. the next cheapest place around is $2100
  15. C

performance chips

not to steel the thread, but what do you guys think about programmers in relation to reliability. i am in the same boat with a stock motor, no exhaust or intake. some people i have talked to dont like them saying they are hard on the transmission and the drivetrain in general.
Back