Grandad and Mom

4. Late Summer Mud

Late Summer Mud

Dry River Reservoir
  5. Snowshoe, WV Jan. 2006

Snowshoe, WV Jan. 2006

6. V

My STi has been hit!

I'm going to wait until I'm down to my last little nerve with chips and then have the whole thing repainted, but that is a little ways down the road. I have Sedona Red Pearl and it shows everything. I'm the same name on NASIOC, VBVA. I don't post much, just lurk and read all the info. When...
  7. V

My STi has been hit!

Get the whole thing repainted. Subaru paint sucks to begin with, they only put on one layer of clearcoat, and it chips like none other. I just got an Outback Sport and I've already noticed tons of rock chips. B94Sport - are you on NASIOC.com?
  8. The Guys Campin

The Guys Campin

9. V

New Car For Me

I've slept in the back of my Ex a few times up in the mountains, its pretty spacious. Took the Subaru on some mountain roads yesterday, man can that thing hold the turns!
  10. V

New Car For Me

The Forester has the same engine - 2.5L Flat Four Boxer - but weighs a lot more than my 3050 pound Impreza. The 5 speed manual also gives you all the power of the engine, whereas the auto tranny seems to rob some. Its a small car, thats for sure, much smaller than my Ex, but I'm looking...
  11. V

New Car For Me

Talked him down to $11,500 - about $1,000 under blue book and $2,000 under NADA. I also got word from a realtor that I'm living in a sweet townhouse in Centerville starting June 1, so it's been a big day so far.
  12. V

New Car For Me

Just picked up a 2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 5spd with 36,000 miles this morning. Car is in great mechanical shape and will be awesome to drive in the snow. I don't plan on ricing it out like a lot guys seem to do with their Imprezas these days (check NASIOC.com), but I do plan on super...
  13. JMU Tailgating

JMU Tailgating

14. Wilson Hall at JMU

Wilson Hall at JMU

15. V

I'm thinking even more of joining the darkside...

No, don't do it! I have made a vow to myself never to own a JEEP, you should do the same - just a suggestion.
  16. V

Subaru Outback Sport

I took it out yesterday for a test drive, it felt really nice. The guy is the original owner and is stepping up to a Dodge Ram because his business needs him to have something a little bigger. He has kept great service records and al services have been performed at the local Subaru dealer. I...
  17. V

2 in skyjaker lift

Spacers and shackles will not enhance the ride, you're still using stock springs. The skyjacker lift comes with new front springs and a rear add a leaf. The spacers are cheaper than a full lift kit. You can find them at many online parts stores.
  18. V

Subaru Outback Sport

I did, trade in value was $12,425.
  19. V

Subaru Outback Sport

I'm going to drive the 5 speed manual tomorrow. Has 36,000 miles on it and the guy says it's in "good" condition, so we'll see. He is asking $14,000 and Blue Book is $12,300, so what's fair market value you think? I'm prepared to fight up to $12,000 max, and by max I mean I don't even want to...
  20. V

Subaru Outback Sport

Yeah, you're right, I do think a manual would be more fun. I won't be able to offer him money today, but I could offer it for a few weeks in the future. I am prepared to haggle for all its worth trying to get his price down to my offer.
  21. V

Subaru Outback Sport

Well, I think I have narrowed my choices down to two 2002 Outback Sports. One is an automatic with keyless entry and low miles and the other is a manual with upgraded stereo and low miles. Now begins the haggling for a low price. Speaking of which, what are your tips for haggling down a...
  22. Cruise at Key West

Cruise at Key West

23. V

Subaru Outback Sport

I really want a stick, but I'm debating about getting an auto, only because I'll be stuck in stop and go traffic for at least 45 minutes a day. Everyone says the 5 speed manual is a lot more fun to drive, but my patience is thin as it is and I think the auto would be much better in traffic. I...
  24. V

Subaru Outback Sport

I'm working in construction all around NOVA, so no Metro for me. I decided a while back that the Explorer wouldn't cut it, so I'm searching around for a car with all wheel drive, i.e., Subaru's. 5.0inprovo - is your insurance to cover your WRX bad? I've heard that premiums are through the...
  25. V

Subaru Outback Sport

Hahahaha, this is like comparing an Explorer XL to a Limited, same body but different engines packages. Hokie, thats why I'm looking at the Outback Sport instead of a WRX. The insurance will be a lot cheaper and not everyone wants to get an Outback Sport.
Back