Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Is it even worth it?

And after all day at different auto dealerships the explorer is gone. Replaced by a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally edition. And thankfully last owner did intake and exhaust and some other stuff, and I got $1000 for the X, which is about the cost of the problems so I am happy. Time for me...
  2. B

Is it even worth it?

Obviously everyone runs into these problems with vehicles, and I think the previous owners have a lot to do with how bad a used vehicle is. I know the previous owners abused my explorer so now I have to pay. And I forgot a cost, almost $1600 to have it shipped from California to Texas. On top...
  3. B

Is it even worth it?

My 03 S10 was extremely reliable, only problem I ever had in 2 years was I stripped off the drain plug for the oil pan. It also needed an alignment, but thats because I put 20's on it. Really hated letting that thing go, I had $4k in audio/interior and about $8k in paint, tires and other things...
  4. B

Is it even worth it?

I love the explorer itself, its a two door manual. Which is what I always wanted, (actually wanted a 2 door Blazer, but not everything can be perfect) and I really don't mind fixing things, but this is just more then I can handle. Financially or time wise. I'm looking into my other options...
  5. B

Is it even worth it?

As somewhat of a wedding gift I was given a 2 door 97 V6 explorer sport. I knew it had previously been in an accident, however didn't think to many things were wrong with it. Since then I have invested about a thousand dollars, mostly in intake and exhaust that was a credit from the system I...
  6. B

check out my lights

I miss my HID's I had in my S-10, lit up everything, hopefully I can set up some new ones in my X. Looks good though, never wanted to run fogs unless I could afford to make them HIDs to.
  7. B

Suggestions On Running Ipod Cable?

My H/U has the integrated IPOD control, but I hate it. Unless the HU is a full screen type I just stick with connecting my ipod by standard A/V cables. I prefer to just control it by the ipod, all thought that has almost got me in several crashes, and with driving a manual now I might just set...
  8. B

Another day, another issue

So saying the circuit is slow, could that mean the sensor is just dirty? Or will need to be replaced?
  9. B

Another day, another issue

So now I have check engine light on, and ODB-II says PO153. "Upstream heated O2 sensor circuit slow response. Bank 2" Any idea? I thought it might be the o2 sensor on the cat, but that would be downstream.
  10. B

Manual transmission issue. It's very difficult shifting into gears.

Mine has problems with first and second, mostly being second. And grinds on reverse, all the other gears work fine though. Its at 160k, im assuming the tranny is original.
  11. B

Problem with my door handle

Thanks I'll give it a shot this morning. I wanted to replace my burnt out door lights and pop out my stereo screen for painting anyways.
  12. B

Noise underhood

The fluid is good, was a little low so I decided to add a little Lucas power steering mix. I think thats about the time the noise came about, not sure if they could be related. I'm going to remove the belt tomorrow like Al recommends and see where that takes me. Kind of afraid to poke around...
  13. B

Problem with my door handle

I am having a problem with my locks as sometimes the key wont turn at all and I feel like I could snap it off inside the lock. I lube it up with graphite and it seems to help for a bit. Will replacing the lock mechanism fix my problem?
  14. B

To buy or not to buy?

I think from everything I have read you cant do a body lift on explorers, however I could be wrong since I don't know the specifics. Seen enough people lift their trucks though so must be something that can be done.
  15. B

Noise underhood

The squeal has returned, but is much less noticeable now. Seafoam worked great, can really feel a difference, just no white smoke for me. I did notice that my fan has a lot of side to side movement. Seemingly more then would be acceptable. I know the X was crashed in the front by prior owner and...
  16. B

Noise underhood

Spoke to soon I suppose, after idling it for a while preparing it for Seafoam the squeal slowly went away. Its there a little bit, however not nearly as bad as before. And my seafoam treatment sadly went without any of the smoke screen I have heard of. Only did it through the T/B and cleaned the...
  17. B

Noise underhood

Cleaned the idle air control valve, was pretty clean for having 160k. Used some Mass Airflow sensor cleaner. Wasn't sure if the B-12 chemtool would be to harsh. Squeal is still there now though. Hit the throttle body and now the squeal gets louder as I rev the engine, so I am lead back to...
  18. B

3 Watt LED in Puddle lamps!!!!

Thanks Appreciate the information.
  19. B

3 Watt LED in Puddle lamps!!!!

Call me ill informed, but what exactly are puddle lamps?
  20. B

Under dash LED lighting

I ended up buying the premade autozone LED lights of my S-10 last year. I have since put them in my wifes Hyundai since all her interior lights are blue anyways. I want to try to switch over all my lights inside the X to red like the Mazda 6, I hate the standard green, and most all my...
  21. B

Noise underhood

Have had a loud constant squeal coming from the engine for a few days. No affect on acceleration or AC on or off. Checked the forum and I think it might be the idle air control valve. Pulled it off and am getting ready to try cleaning it. First question is B-12 chemtool acceptable to use to...
  22. B

Keyless entry system

I am trying to figure out a replacement for the stock alarm system that was cut in my X. I am not going to go with an alarm system since I think it is pretty much pointless. Instead I simply want to go with a key less entry. I am thinking about Scyteks Astra 50, found one online for $40 with...
  23. B

K&N Intake not clearing

Good point, i'll just keep my eye on it.
  24. B

K&N Intake not clearing

I installed a K&N air intake kit on my 97 sport and noticed the top of the highest portion of the plastic pipe makes contact with the hood mat and melted slightly, only the textured portion though. I was thinking about cutting a small section out of the hood mat so this doesn't happen more, I...
  25. B

The new guy

New member, but I have been reading the fourms for a while now. I got my white 2 door explorer about 4 months ago. Just had enough time with it to learn how to drive a stick and then had to leave it to go to Virgina to learn how to be a Blackhawk helicopter mechanic. Been in the army almost...
Back