Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

tail light question

I put a set of LED tails in my Expy. I did have to modify them to fit because the mounting holes were not in the exact same location on the 6-9's. I'll send you a PM with the info. I actually have brand new set with red lenses sitting here collecting dust if you're interested.
  2. R

Back to driving an Explorer - 2016 PI Utility Ecoboost

There are several differences. The interior is substantially different. It's more utilitarian. The power under the hood with the Ecoboost is also much higher. It has a heavier duty suspension and it has the gearshift on the steering column so that a full console can be installed between the...
  3. R

Actually, there are several manufactures that produce LEDs here in the USA. As for my reference regarding code3 and china, I was referring to the fact that EVERYTHING from code3 is made in china. The lights, housings, electronics, everything. I would not be surprised, based on the look of their...
  4. R

It's just the shorthand I use to refer to the Explorer. Not sure where I picked it up.
  5. R

Actually, no. We don't sell Code 3 because it's made in China. It's only assembled here in St. Louis. We rep Whelen, Feniex, Carson, D&R, Brooking, ECCO and many others.
  6. R

It's been quite a while since I've been behind the wheel of and Explorer. I just took delivery of my new 2016 PI Utility with Ecoboost last week. I had been driving a Tahoe for the last couple of years and did not think I would like the Expy nearly as much. Well, much to my surprise, I'm totally...
  7. R

Retrofit hid projector on 08 explorer

I'm looking forward to seeing the new fog lights.
  8. R

Azentek GPS Nav & Backup Camera + Rearview Mirror

Well I ended up deciding not to carry this product. Azentek was extremely unresponsive and very difficult to work with. The product is actually pretty cool, but not worth the price they want for it.
  9. R

New low profile led lightbar

Axixtech has just released their brand new low profile led lightbar. It's called the Torrent. The Torrent LED Lightbar offers the amazing ability to produce dual colors for warning and traffic control. The rear of the lightbar can be configured to display red and/or blue for the primary warning...
  10. R

Azentek GPS Nav & Backup Camera + Rearview Mirror

I'm thinking about offering the Azentek GPS Smart Mirror and I wanted to get some feedback around here about what kind of demand there might be for something like this. They list for $999 and the normal retail price is $799. They will probably sell for a couple of hundred off retail. So...
  11. R

Emergency Strobe LED Installation.

Not to make this into a contest, while we offer some of the lowest prices on these products, the service that my company offers after the sale is where we stand apart from the folks who "do this in their spare time" as well as the rest of the competition. If you find a lower price on something...
  12. R

Emergency Strobe LED Installation.

tylerjames, That's one heck of a write up. Maybe I could hire you to do some write ups for me. :D I would love to get some write ups like this on my website. I just don't have the time to do so. With all of the lights I have available, this kind of effort would be a big benefit for me and...
  13. R

HID conversion tommrow.

Did you have any issues with the computer giving you any error messages after the swap?
  14. R

Good place to mount switches?

How did you get the console down in order to mount the switch? I need to get to the dome light bulbs but don't want to break the console in doing so.
  15. R

Removing third row seating

I sent you a PM but haven't heard from you. :mad:
  16. R

oic, so you do or do not want the seats if I can find the parts to swap them out with?
  17. R

Grille Guards on 06-08 X's?

The go-rhino does not have the same "V" shape but it's a bolt together unit with a flat pad on the lower cross-member for stepping on. I wasn't real thrilled with the design and when I found the WAAG unit, I snapped it up immediately! go-rhino: Honestly, I spent hours searching the web for...
  18. R

I have to admit, I don't know anything about this. My expy is stone green. Is that what you mean.
  19. R

Yes. Value? I have no idea. I can't do anything until I find the hardware to convert to a floor. I can't just pull the seats out with nothing to fill in the void. Do you have the parts with which to just do a swap?
  20. R

None taken. I do not like the headlight wrap-arounds. I never have. WAAG offers a fully welded unit that has these, but I only wanted a grille guard. I don't intend to hit anything, and even if I did, the tubing sticking out that far would be useless. It will just push into the headlights and...
  21. R

Ok, I finally got the grille guard from WAAG. The weather was half way decent so I went out and took some photos yesterday. I really like the look of this unit and I'll let you form your own opinion. Installation was pretty simple, but I did have to grind and file open, the slots in the frame...
  22. R

Yes, I have part number 12921 on order. It will be three to four weeks for delivery, but that's fine with me considering how nice these are. Here is the application guide: Dead Link Removed You'll find the 06-08 listed on the ninth row. -Michael Well, as soon as I receive mine and get it...
  23. R

Well I got tired of waiting for the gorhino grille guard and did some more searching for grille guards. I found a hidden websitefor a company named WAAG. I actually stumbled upon it by accident because they suck at getting anywhere in the top 100 of google for "2008 ford explorer grille guard"...
  24. R

Deals of Steel. The folks there are nice, but the entire order has been a huge fiasco. I ordered a set of Weathertech mats for the front, the 2nd row and the rear cargo area. I received the wrong rear cargo mat, I got two shipments of the second row mats and never received the fronts. I will not...
  25. R

It's been over three weeks since I ordered and they still say they have ten more days before it ships.
Back