Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. jhard

2004 Explorer - Won't Start, blowing fuel pump fuse

Hey, sorry for the delay in replying... In my case... The short was located on the fuel pump wiring harness, so all they really did is swap out the old harness for a new one in terms of actual work done.
  2. jhard

4.6L V8 coolant loss

Thanks for coming back with updates eeprete!
  3. jhard

Fan blowing out of defrost vents, won't shut off?

Sorry the late reply man, but no problem! Gotta love the internet for sharing fixes, I know it's saved me quite a bit of cash over the years! As far as why the old part goes, I noticed a little bit of rust around that round diode looking piece in the middle of the fins... so it's got to be...
  4. jhard

PICS of my rear timing chain damage

Is that on a 6 cyl or an 8 cyl? Looks like a 6, but when it comes to engine internals I'm a rookie!
  5. jhard

Ok, so I ended up being sketchy with the price quotes, but it WAS the Blower Motor Speed Control on my vehicle. I ended up paying $92CDN with taxes, but still saved getting the stealership to diagnose and charge me an extra 1 hour of labour for a 5 minute job. Partial Part #: 19E624 (Just...
  6. jhard

Yeah sorry man, I misquoted the price. I was looking at used ones. Still 60 isn't bad!
  7. jhard

No, the Blower Motor Switch is a separate part. Looking in the manual, your vehicle does have a Blower Motor Switch, but my Explorer doesn't seem to have one. Another symptom I noticed is, when I do turn on the climate control the fan speed buttons don't do anything, it's just stuck on high...
  8. jhard

I haven't gone out and did the diagnostics yet, but I got to thinkin about what you posted about the relation to the blower motor operations. This post has a guy with the exact same problem as us and he solved it by replacing the Blower Motor Speed Control unit in his truck which is a 2002...
  9. jhard

Brutal! I found some diagnostic steps for the dual automatic climate control, I'm going out in a couple minutes to see if that yields anymore clues as to what the problem is. I'll let you know how I make out!
  10. jhard

[SOLVED]Fan blowing out of defrost vents, won't shut off? Hey guys. Wondering if anybody could help point me in the right direction for a fix, I tried searching, but can't seem to find the exact same situation. So I hop in my Ex last night at 10pm to drive home from work, and as soon as I...
  11. jhard

2011 Explorer gets ECOboost twinturbo V6?

Power is great, but how does it sound? I want an engine that growls!
  12. jhard

2011 Explorer gets ECOboost twinturbo V6?

Yeah the new explorer looks awkward and not very appealing. Way to cross over for me. It's a sad day knowing that after I upgrade from my 3rd Gen to a 4th Gen, eventually that will be the last explorer I ever own.
  13. jhard

Towing/running light problem.

Here's the testing procedures: http://fordtruckin.com/PDF/02-05.Ford.Explorer-Exterior_Lighting_Trailer_Lamps.pdf I'll have to get back to you with the wiring diagrams if that doesn't cover what you need!
  14. jhard

How do you install a door speaker?

The stock size speakers on the 3rd Gens are 6x8" Here's a page with basic instructions and PDFs with pictures and more instructions for you to remove the panels and access the stock speakers. http://fordtruckin.com/?p=5
  15. jhard

Anyone got a instruction on how to remove door panels?

Here you go: http://rapidshare.com/files/201238330/02-05.Ford.Explorer-Front.Door.Panel.Removal.Guide.pdf http://rapidshare.com/files/201238460/02-05.Ford.Explorer-Rear.Door.Panel.Removal.Guide.pdf
  16. jhard

Fuse 18 Mod?

Apparently this would only work for early 3rd gens, as Ford integrated the 4x4 module into the PCM on the later 3rd gens. Not sure which year was the cut off though.
  17. jhard

headlight change

No problem. That's what this forum's all about!
  18. jhard

headlight change

Here's a PDF that shows were the tabs to remove the headlamps are located: http://fordtruckin.com/PDF/02-05.Ford.Explorer-HeadLamp-Removal.pdf
  19. jhard

Question about 04 with front engine rattle

Are you guys talking about a 4.0L or the 4.6L? Most people forget to leave that info out.
  20. jhard

ok here is the new access hole for the fuel pump

2003vstrom: AWSOME MAN!!! Thanks a lot for the pics, you've inspired me to get cracking and get this done on my Ex. The more cash that stays in my pocket and out of the stealership, the better!!!
  21. jhard

High performance Ex

Haha I once beat a 4.6L mustang GT off a light on the street. I was a little impressed seeing my Ex weighs about 2000lbs. more! The 'stang was only stock, and I got a CAI, exhaust and tuner... but still cool! The guy was pumping his fists and shaking his head once we stopped at the next...
  22. jhard

Bolt pattern?

As far as I know it's: 5X114.3 Not sure what the conversion on that would be. EDIT: Just found on this site: http://www.4wheelonline.com/linkpages/BoltFitmentGuide.htm It states "Explorer 95-04": 5on4.5
  23. jhard

k&n intake on 2004 explorer v8

Thanks for the info, but K&N FIPK kit's are well known around here. Many of us have them installed on our 3rd gens already.
  24. jhard

has anyone cut a access hole fuel pump?

Awesome man, looking forward to seeing the pics!
  25. jhard

has anyone cut a access hole fuel pump?

Because not all of us have a garage and supplies to maneuver with a FULL gas tank. From what I've been told, it's safer to do it with a full tank as more gas vapor develops the more air there is in the tank. Either way, we want to do it, and it's been proven feasible.
Back