Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Stalling at idle without codes.

so im having a stall at idle usually when coming to a stop. it was a rare occurence but last week someone who had the car ran it until it had no gas. Since then I replaced the fuel filter, and seafoamed the intake hoping it might fix any potential issue with the IAC if it had one. Im not...
  2. Y

blown lower intake manifold gasket?

right so the ATF looks immaculate so far ( a month ago i had my mechanic put in a new valve body and new filter with ATF) , i got the lower out and been buffing the block and heads with the red wheels i got at HF. went to NAPA and they didnt have the roto brush :( also buffed the LIM but took...
  3. Y

one last thing before i re attempt this on thursday, its gonna be coldish 55 high 39 low how long should i give the RTV to set? i let mine set for a day and this last time and maybe it didnt work out, and it was alot warmer than its fixin to be
  4. Y

i used a razor blade for residue and carburetor cleaner, i was thinking about going to HFT for a red wheel to use on the block and heads, any advice on cleaning the LIM without gouging? i went over lightly with a razor and then a steel brush and carb cleaner taking tare not to gouge the...
  5. Y

so today i went to oreilys and got these 2, i couldnt find the 2 piece gaskets and this one i got was supposed to be the two piece but this was all they could pull out, i was going to buy one on ebay but with the holiday and inept post office station i have in the neighborhood i opted for these
  6. Y

question on inspecting the radiator, what should i be looking for in the radiator? i see the connections but how would i find a leak to the tranny? or should i check the tranny for coolant to see if the rad is suspect??
  7. Y

yeah the one piece graphite one, its seems like i tried to save a dollar and now will end up spending two it seemed to like up well but maybe somewhere during torqueing it failed or something i will now look at getting the 97 one...
  8. Y

ill check the ATF in the morning. when i pulled the dip stick on the engine oil i had a lot of condensation ( i think) coming out of the tube the oil on the dip stick looked a bit foamy like small bubles in the oil. if it is ATF should i suspect the rad? EDIT - im thinking about pulling the...
  9. Y

just opened the rad and found oil floating at the top. also some coolant is missing
  10. Y

right i used the torque and sequenced the tighning on the LIM but after idling for 10 minutes i am having alot of condensation coming out of the tail pipe. ill check the car when its cool to see if i have any coolant loss or maybe its running rich? im also thinking maybe the RTV bead just...
  11. Y

after a week of inclement weather and school and then this morning cleaning the very dirty LIM i have yet to find a crack in the LIM however the gasket looked like it was going near the rear of the block im about to reinstall the new gasket. it had a bubble near the intake port on cylinder 6
  12. Y

will do, i peeled off the gasket and the mating surfaces look good but havent looked at internals yet. i did notice alot of damage to the heater hose connection on the inside of LIM and alot of build up on the outside of the connection. ill post an update later.
  13. Y

some pix as promissed
  14. Y

pulled te LIM and found milky ness under the LIM also the the driver side valve cover was the milkyest but also the passenger side had some milk, whether its the LIM or heads the leaks seem near the front #1 cylinder by the heater hose base of the valley and rear by cylinder 3 and 6 ill post...
  15. Y

i actually removed the tstat hoping i could drive it but the external leak turned out to be worst than i originally suspected, i thought it was the heater core hose or tstat housing but upon closer inspection found it was coming from the engine, and where i remember the LIM mated with the block...
  16. Y

quick question i dont remember how to alternate between head bolts and LIM bolts. haynes manual says they have to alternate but not sure if LIM then L and R or if its L LIM R
  17. Y

Hey guys so heres some background got the car over the summer with the cooling system full of water and rust ,power flushed till clean then installed a fail safe thermostat that seems to have failed shut. Couple of days ago i noticed an external leak by the housing upon closer inspection its...
  18. Y

Sentimental value

me personally its just cheaper to fix to than to buy from dealer ship, i was gonna buy a 6,087 dollar escape at the dealership but because i am a student without credit they bumped it to 11 thousand and some change on a 2 year term at...27% so for the same down payment of 3000 i could get my...
  19. Y

Leaking Cargo Window??

I too would like to thank the authors of this article, havent gotten around to this but i feel your pain about the rotten stinky carpet, mine grew black mold!
  20. Y

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

so far these "COB LED" daytime running lights as my dome lights very bright kinda half ass install but i like it anyway
  21. Y

How to rabs replacement or bypass with pix

the reason this turned out to be such a long article is that i kept messing up on my double flares that i ran out of line. and they didnt sell lengths of line long enough to go directly from the MC to the rear line behind the gas tank. also with each patch i also ran out of fitttings. IIRC...
  22. Y

How to rabs replacement or bypass with pix

the nut is inside the the driver side front wheel well along the frame you will ned some extensions or get under there it s a 10mm nut holding the ABS valve in place. Here is a picture of it
  23. Y

First Generation Door Panel Upgrade

i think they might have duplicolor in other colors i just wanted black though. looking back now i kind of wish i used primer some of it chipped right away
  24. Y

white walls yellowing?

right so heres what worked really well, magic eraser and westleys, the eraser picked up the oxidation like a boss, it came out the color of 3 in one oil that light straw color. good stuff.
Back