Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2005 sport trac V6

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I have posted on here. That is a good thing because I haven't had any problems with my 2002 Explorer. However I just bought a 2005 ford explorer sport trac and I have a couple of questions about minor things. First I found out my dash lights don't all work...
  2. B

transmission delay

Hi everyone! I just bought a 1996 Ford Explorer 4.0 with 105,000 miles that is in pretty descent shape. My problem is whenever i put it in drive it takes like 3 or 4 seconds to engage and I'm not sure why. The fluid is a nice pink color although it does look like it was overfilled a little. Once...
  3. B

slight sulfer/rotten egg smell-rough runner

I never received any codes saying my MAF was bad(according to my mechanic) in the first place which I thought was pretty weird! It does have a slightly rough idle. You can notice that it seems to miss a little at an idle.
  4. B

Just wondering if anyone thinks that I should take my IAC off and clean it because of all the gas that was shooting into the cylinders and all the carbon that was shooting out of the exhaust when my MAF wasn't working
  5. B

Just thought I would let everyone know that I took my car over to my mechanic and he found out that it was my mass air sensor. But thankyou for everyones input. It was appreciated!
  6. B

Thanks alot for your replies! You are right firefly440-in Wisconsin if your car is a 1995 or older model year you don't need emissions so if that is the case i will just have my mechanic replace it with a regular pipe. So it would be normal for the truck to run good when it is cold but when it...
  7. B

Hi everyone! I have run into a problem with my 1994 Navajo 4x4. One day I was driving it and it just died. I could start it up but it ran really crappy. Sometimes it would run normal and then go back to running crappy again. It is just weird how it happens. When it happens I drive it home and...
  8. B

slight starting problem

Okay I went out and bought a fuel pressure regulator and replaced it and I'm still having some hesitation. So then I did invest in a fuel pressure test guage. When I hooked it up and went to turn the key to on(no start) the guage only went up to 14psi. As I said in an earlier post if I turn the...
  9. B

slight starting problem

I will definetly invest in one of those. Thankyou for telling me how to use it.
  10. B

slight starting problem

At wide open trottle it does hesitate but thats only when I put the pedal to the floor. Normal driving is fine. I do not smell any gas leaks either. I think it might have to do with the regulator because when I bought the car it had been sitting without being started for a good six months...
  11. B

slight starting problem

I have done that and if I turn the key on and off about three times it will start right away. Does that mean I need to check for a vacuum leak somewhere? Or does it mean that my fuel pressure regulator is bad? Once it is running it always starts right up unless it sits for about 2 hours. Thanks...
  12. B

slight starting problem

I have been having problems starting my 1994 Navajo. When it sits overnight and I go out to start it I have to crank it for a good 7-10 seconds before it starts up. Once it's running it runs really good and I can shut it off and restart it right away with no problems. It just seems like when it...
  13. B

clutch fan

The fans blades from the Mustang are tilted the exact same way that the one from the Navajo is.
  14. B

clutch fan

Hey guys I just wanted to ask one more question about the fan blades. The one from my Mustang has 9 fins and the one from the Navajo has 10. Other than that they are the exact same diameter. Can I still swap the blades even though the good one has one less blade but they bolt directly up...
  15. B

hesitation

I went ahead and checked the PCV valve and although it rattled when I shoke it I still changed it because it was pretty oiled up and old. Then I put some Seafoam through my brake booster vacuum hose and let it burn out of my exhaust. After that I took it for a ride and it seemed alot better but...
  16. B

hesitation

Hi everyone. I have a question about my 1994 Mazda Navajo. I just replaced all of my plugs and wires,my air filter,and my fuel filter. After all that I am still getting a hesitation when the engine is under a load. I even took the IAC off and cleaned it out. Any idea on what could cause this...
  17. B

My 4x4 just clicks/does not engage

ok thanks alot for the info.
  18. B

My 4x4 just clicks/does not engage

Hey everyone I'm going to try to rebuild my shift motor and I was wondering if I can still drive my truck with the motor and the weights off the transfer case. Thanks for any advise you can give me.
  19. B

still no heat

Well again thank you for your help. I think I will do option 1 because I have over 227,000 miles on it and my a/c doesn't even work anyway. If I wouldn't have so many miles on it I would probably fix it. Besides like you said Roadrunner I'm from a cold climate too in fact we had a freeze warning...
  20. B

still no heat

I went ahead and did that check like you said and the vacuum is there on every setting across the panel. The only way the vacuum isn't there is if I unplug the vacuum to that cylinder behind the glove box. If I put the selecter on panel/floor and unplug the vacuum,heat comes out real good. But...
  21. B

still no heat

Ok i went out and checked were that vacuum line goes to and it goes to a cylinder behind the glove box which I assume is the door you guys are talking about. When I shut the heat off that cylinder sucks the door closed but when I turn the heat on that cylinder should open the door but it...
  22. B

still no heat

I just went outside and took the vacuum line off the acutator and now I have heat. If I put it back on I dont get heat. When I put the vacuum on you can feel something move. could that be the problem? Do I just leave the vacuum line off? When I take it off and I put my finger over it I dont feel...
  23. B

still no heat

Thanxs for the response guys. Actually the reason I changed the thermostat is because I wasn't getting any heat. When I changed the thermostat and purged the system I actually got really good heat but since then no heat. The heater hoses do get warm to the touch but not real hot. When I squeeze...
  24. B

still no heat

I went out and checked what you guys said and the vacuum line is on the acutator. When I take the vacuum off,the acutator (I'm assuming)closes and when the vacuum is put back on(this is of course with the engine running and the heat on)it opens. I'm getting what is less than luke warm air...
  25. B

still no heat

Hi everyone I just changed the thermostat in my 1994 Mazda Navajo. I know I did everything right because I started the truck up with the radiater cap off and the heat on with the fan on 2. When I did that I was getting good heat. Now a day later with the radiater cap back on and the heat on I'm...
Back