Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

BFG 31 x 10.50-15 Users Only!

I run mine at 32 PSI and have almost 37K on them and will probably get another set soon. This is 95% highway driving and rotate every 10k or so.
  2. B

Hella's blew relay, replaced now lights aren't as bright

I am going to check all the wires on Saturday, I am leaning towards the ground, although it has been hooked up this way for over a year.
  3. B

Hella's blew relay, replaced now lights aren't as bright

My Hella's blew the Hella relay and I replaced it with a Pilot relay I picked up at Advance Auto. The Pilot Relay says it can handle 4 off road lights, then why are my Hella's dimmer? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  4. B

Detroit EZ Locker in daily driver?

I did a search and couldn't find the answers I was looking for. Does anyone have the Detroit EX Locker in their daily driver? If so how is driving on the road and off? I have a 2wd open rear Sport Trac that I am considering getting a Detroit EZ Locker mainly because of ease of installation...
  5. B

Help! Broke rear wheel stud

I fixed it Friday without having to remove the axle. I removed the drum cover beat out the old and popped the new one in. Then I used 6 fat washers and a lugnut to pull the new stud in. Cranked the crap out of the stud and it popped into place. Thanks,
  6. B

Help! Broke rear wheel stud

Help, I broke one of my rear wheel studs last night taking my rim off. The tire place cross-threaded the lug nut. I have an 01 with drums. How do I replace it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
  7. B

Sport Trac mileage

I got around 18-20 before I upgraded to 31 tires. I now get 16-18. I have a 2wd with open rear 3.73, I would recommend 4wd if you will use it or just make sure you get the limited slip rear probably ithe 4.10. Just my suggestion.
  8. B

Help on prices for BFG All terrains?

I picked up a set at Sams for $90 a piece plus mounting and balancing came to right under $500
  9. B

Help X hard to start after sitting few hours or more!!

Just wanted to thank everyone who chimmed in on this thread. It was the IAC, runs like a new X. Craig
  10. B

Help X hard to start after sitting few hours or more!!

Need help my fiance has a 2000 V6 SOHC XLT with 45k that doesn't like to start. Symtoms are X will start fine after it has been running. Problem is that the X is very hard to start after sitting over night or all day at work. To start have to press gas peddle down untill it will stay running...
  11. B

3.0 ranger needs air intake

I have a friend who has a 2001 Ranger Edge with the 3.0 engine. Where can he find a air intake that will work with this engine. Any help would be great.:D
  12. B

My Pretty Eddie Bauer

Hank looks great, but I agree you need bigger tires. Wher did you get the roof rack for so cheap?
  13. B

Brand new sport trac, problems! anyone else?

I have 39k on mine with no such problems. Check out the site that Ron posted.
  14. B

Can you swap '01 Explorer rear disc brakes to a Sport Trac?

I am checking my pads this weekend, I will measure the front rotor size. The ST eats brakes just like its brother the Explorer.
  15. B

ATTN: 2wd off roaders

I am clearing a 31" tire without a lift and no rubbing, I am going to 32 or 33" tires after I get some new wheels and do the TT & SL. But I do have a Sport Trac.
  16. B

Can you swap '01 Explorer rear disc brakes to a Sport Trac?

The bed is plastic, can't be too heavy of a load.
  17. B

Anyone go offroading with a 2WD?

The reason I ask is I had a 98 4X4 Mazda B4000 ext cab that I put through hell and back. Do to poor craftsmanship(whatever could go wrong went wrong) I traded it in for my Sport Trac(2X4). I love my X, bout don't have enough $$ to trade it in for a 4X4. Right now I stick to Mudd, and small...
  18. B

Anyone go offroading with a 2WD?

Just curious I have a 2wd and want to know what are the best ways and mods I can do to do some offroading. I have done a little, but without some lift and good meats I am sure to get stuck.:roll:
  19. B

sport trac performance upgrades?? ?

Go check out MYSPORTTRAC.COM. It will have everything your friend needs.
  20. B

Ashtray?

MY 01 Sport Trac came with an ashtray. It pulls out from the center under the air controls.
  21. B

Throttle cable mod

Let me get this! Your pull the excess cable tight, fold over and zip tie it. I will try this weekend and let you know how it goes.(sounds to easy)
  22. B

stock fog light switch?

Not to sound smart, did you check the bulbs? If the bulbs are good after checking fuse double check the ground.
  23. B

0-60 in under 6.5???

Ever thought about a supercharger?
  24. B

Blinking 3rd Brake Light

I did this about 6 months ago, works great. Just make sure to sound proof the blinker or you will hear it through the cab.
  25. B

Carbon Fiber parts

I would be interested in MAS adapter to run cone filters.
Back