Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

has anyone???

Would a snorkel into the cab work or be feasible? That way you wouldn't have the snorkel poking out of the top. Just a thought.
  2. F

Fire!

I was just supporting "Sounds like a Ford just being itself" from El Luchador.
  3. F

Fire!

Ford just recalled millions of vehicles because a cruise control problem was causing fires.
  4. F

93 4.0L rough idle/stalls

It will idle at 500 without adjustments. It does not idle well though. It shudders and idles very rough. I guess I wouldn't know how to calibrate the throttle body to the IAC. It is a new IAC and I am using the existing throttle body. I'd be interested in hearing more about this. I've...
  5. F

It will run, but it is running at about 500 rpm and vibrates badly. I haven't tried messing with the throttle body yet. After I put the top end back together I will give that a try.
  6. F

Unfortunately, I am back. I have been messing with this thing off an on for quite awhile now. I resorted to take it to a mechanic who said there was an intake leak. I replaced the intake gasket, now it leaks antifreeze. So, obviously there is still and intake leak. I need to now redo the...
  7. F

So I just need to pierce the insulation and measure voltage while it is running?
  8. F

I haven't had a chance to backprobe the o2 sensors yet. What voltage range am I looking for at the connectors? Will the engine run with the o2 sensors disconnected while I backprobe? Also, with 250K on this engine, could it be a timing belt issue? I've heard of stretched belts or one...
  9. F

The temp gauge was right in the middle when I shut it off, waited 20 seconds, and then restarted for the KOER test. I assume I have to get the engine warmed up again to test the O2 sensors? Since I will be working around hot exhaust, what would be the easiest way to do this?
  10. F

When you saw backprobe, I assume you want me to measure the voltage on the O2 circuit? Also, what is the fuel pressure supposed to be set at?
  11. F

Those codes were just pulled today, no other codes were present. I'm basically contained to my driveway and will have a hard time pulling codes if it does not include a paper clip. I know that replacing sensors is not the best way to repair a problem, but I assume all parts were original with...
  12. F

I finally gathered a small amount of money and hope to get this thing running. Here is where I'm at: Fuel pressure is at 40 psi KOEO - 111 KOER - 136 I have replaced the IAC, FPR, TPS, and both O2 sensors. The fuel filter was replaced 2 yrs ago. I cleaned the MAF filaments and the...
  13. F

93 explorer starts, will not idle

I also have a post on this from earlier in the 911 section. I didn't know if it still belonged there since it is an on going issue. I'll just keep that one going, especially since MrShorty is replying there also. Thanks and sorry for the double post.
  14. F

I pulled the battery ground after replacing the last o2 sensor, I'm not sure if I can get it to output codes or not. What are CM codes? I don't know if I could get it to do a KOER test, but I would think it would not be accurate with my foot on the gas throughout the test.
  15. F

Now I'm really puzzled. I have replaced the driver's side o2 sensor. Now, it will start fine and rev up a little, but when it kicks down to idle it dies. I will not even stutter at 500 rpm as it used to. So far I have cleaned the MAF filaments and sparkplugs. I have replaced the IAC...
  16. F

93 explorer starts, will not idle

I am the proud owner of a 93 explorer sport. My problem started one day where the idle dropped to about 500 rpm and to get it home I had to do the one foot on the gas, one foot on the break trick. It would barely idle and had no power when I used the throttle. I have replaced both o2...
  17. F

At the suggestion of a user in an old post, I removed the front wheel and the splash guard. From there I could remove the o2 sensor. Rhett, I'm afraid that if I described my delight I'd get banned from the site. Well, I ran out of light so I will attempt the driver's side tomorrow. Thanks...
  18. F

Blower Motor Resistor

I'm not familiar with the 2000, but mine is located right next to the blower motor on the passenger side firewall.
  19. F

*URGENT* 93 rough idle/stalls Well, I'm back again. It took longer than expected. Here is what is going on. I have replaced the IAC and FPR. The explorer is still running at @ 500 rpm and will usually die. I pulled codes and the KOER test is still throwing a 136 - O2 sensor code. I see...
  20. F

I know, it's known to be bad, I'll have to fix it whether it is the cause or not. I'll also be replacing all "tune-up" items when I get to this. Only thing is, I'll have to put this on hold for 2 weeks until I get paid again. I appreciate everyone's help and will be back, likely begging for help!
  21. F

I'll give it a try, I just wanted to avoid replacing another $70 part if I didn't need to. I'll post results later. Thanks again to everyone contributing!
  22. F

Considering the symptoms, could this be the sole problem? I will continue looking at what people suggest, but am just curious if this could be the only cause of my problems.
  23. F

Weird no starting problem '94 Explorer

The battery cables on these explorers tend to corrode from the inside out. Check the cables for any spots where it is slightly larger or discolored. When my 93 sport started doing this I followed the cable down toward the starter and found a spot where the insulation was turning pink. It was...
  24. F

Starter Problem?

I had intermittent problems like this with my 93 sport. I could drive it somewhere, shut it off, and it would not restart. Sometimes after a few tries it would magically start. As Robb suggested, it was bad battery cables. They looked fine, but when I followed the cable down toward the...
  25. F

When you say backprobe I assume you mean to insert the test leads into the connector from the side the wires enter. If so, I tried that and was unable to get a reading. I did check the FPR. When I pulled off the bottom "hard" vacuum line there was some fuel in it. I don't know if there...
Back