Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Front axle/cv

Thanks Jerry. Yes I did have it before the new stuff. I have suspected the cv joint for a while now. It is seeping a little and has slightly more play then the other side. I have had it to 3 different places and all say the front end is tight and the cv joint looks ok. The last place (dealer)...
  2. C

Front axle/cv

I have a 2001 4x4 Trac. Do the front axles turn when in 2 wheel drive?? And, if so, do you think a inner cv joint, with very slight play,would cause a highway speed vibration?? Assuming all else is good, balancing, ball joints, bearings, etc.... Thanks
  3. C

A Chevy in a Ford WTF is the matter with you !?!?
  4. C

That thing is BUTT UGLY !!!!
  5. C

How many Miles?

90,000 on my '01 !
  6. C

How many Miles?

90k on my '01
  7. C

2005 Sport Trac Exhaust

Love my Dynomax. Hated the Gibson.
  8. C

How do 2001 Sport Tracs handle snow?

Agree with JohnyO. My 4x4 01 is like a tank in the snow. But, you have to know how to drive a 4x4 in the snow. Once you do, its a hell of a lot better then any front wheel drive p.o.s. on the road.....
  9. C

Rack and pinion replacement.

O'reillys sucks. IMO.
  10. C

ABS coming on at slow speeds

Not sure how you tell which side. I had replaced my drivers side hub assembly not too long before the abs started acting up. So, I knew it was the other side.
  11. C

I will try to find info when i get time.
  12. C

Check out mysporttrac.com. It is a known problem and it is the tune ring or the sensor in the hub as stated above. Just depends if yours is 2 or 4 wheel drive.
  13. C

It is the ABS. I pulled the ABS fuse until I got around to replacing the hub. Being 4 wheel drive, mine inside the wheel bearing hub assembly. No problems now!
  14. C

Which Tonneau cover?

I replaced and sold my oem cover for the exact same reasons. I went with the Extang Full Tilt. It tilts just like the fiberglass ones, rolls out of the way and is removed in seconds. The best money I have ever spent. It is vynal not hard cover but its ALOT cheaper then the others you listed. I...
  15. C

looking for smoked headlights asap

Only way to get them is with the amber, i tried and it wont happen.
  16. C

I MIGHT BUY a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT PICS !!HELP!!

A lot of miles for the price, I think. Otherwise nice truck. Dont like the wheels at all. And, as long as it was done right, dont we all customize our trucks here?? So, I dont think its any problem buying a truck that someone else added stuff too. But, I would look for a truck with lower miles...
  17. C

2001 Sport Trac under the hood (job1)

Its a job 1, just like mine. :)
  18. C

Will I need wheel spacers for these wheels on my ST?

They will work perfect! I just had my Pro Comp 8179's with the same dims as yours. They are awesome! Actually bring the wheels/tires out about 1" which is perfect since the oem's sat to far inside of the whell well.
  19. C

Need advice on new rims

The MT's are nice. the chrome is too blingie. Can anyone tell me how to post pics??
  20. C

Need advice on new rims

How can I post pics??
  21. C

Need advice on new rims

I like the ones I just got on my '01. Pro Comp 8179. Not sure how to post pics or I would show ya.
  22. C

New Exhaust

Sorry, I dont, wish I did. And, I am in northern Ohio with a lot of snow and temps in the teens. I cant even remeber what color my truck is!!
  23. C

New Exhaust

Ultra Flow. I was going to go with the Super Turbo cause I was concerned with resonation in the cab (the gibson was aweful!) but the place I bought it from insisted the Ultra Flow would be fine and the perfomance is better. They were right!
  24. C

New Exhaust

Forget the Flowmaster.......... I have the Dynomax and love it! Had a Gibson, they sound awefull on a v6. The Dyno sounds reallll niceeeeeeee!!!! Very happy. And its not loud or resonating. But, does sound nice.
  25. C

left rear plug

He, he, he, its not easy, but if you take the wheels and liner off you can see it easily. Still a bit tricky getting it out. I just did mine. I used a swivel and didnt have to much of a problem.
Back