0171 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1. T

2007 4.0 4x4. Just replaced engine 3000 miles ago. Cant fill up. Getting codes 0171,174,191,300,451,

Cant fill more than 2 gallons w/o shutting off. Was running fine now hard to start. Changed fuel filter, pump, maf sensor, air filter. Where to start?
  2. E

Some Advice?

Hello Forumsurfers! I am helping a friend of mine work on a truck that he has. the truck has the following setup: 2000 Ford Explorer 4.0L Auto Trans 4x4 (Yes) Miles is ~160K I did a full tune up when he first got it, including the Plugs, and wires and checking changing most of the...
  3. H

Can't find intake manifold leak.

I believe my 2001 ex sport has a leak in the intake manifold gasket, but I haven't been able to find it. I went all around it with carb cleaner trying to change in revs with no luck. Heres the symptoms, the usual 0171 and 0174 codes and when i rev it at the throttle body i can hear a sucking...
  4. A

95 EB still not right

Had my old problems... I pulled apart and cleaned the MAF and cleared the codes. Didn't run great but ran better for a while... finally popped a new code and it read as 0171. Thinking of taking it in to Ford for a correct diagnosis but figure I'd give this forum another shot. When I...
Back