1994 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1. N

A4LD troubles

Hello all first time on here any help would be appreciated. Recently was given a 94 Eddie Bauer for free because the transmission has issues, here is what it does. Basically it is stuck in drive or one of the forward gears. Any position you put the leaver it still moves forward no neutral or...
  2. N

Tint: Ford Explorer Limited '94

I have a Ford Explorer Limited '94 and I have my back windows with factory "mirror" tint, and want to know what the closest tint I can get for the front windows, to look the same.
  3. W

Trying to Save my '94 Ford Explorer. Help!

Okay so I have a Green Limited Edition 1994 Ford Explorer. I am literally the 3rd generation in my family to have owned it. And it's " a bit " out dated. I have lots of plans for this bad boy. Lift kit, rebuilt engine, paint job etc. The only thing I got so far is a sun baked explorer that has...
  4. S

Changing Spark Plug wires on 1994 Explorer

I have a 1994 Ford explorer in France which has recently picked up a small misfire. I have had the plugs changed and it made no difference at all so I guess it is the spark plug leads next and then a new coil. The thing is the local garage apparently has no way of sourcing these parts so I am...
  5. T

Diy

Hi, I climbed under my Ford Explorer and hit the seloniod / starter with a rubber mallet a couple times...THEN I went back and turn-on the key and it starts-up everytime, LOL. Why does this work!? Although the neighbors get a real kick out seeing this play out, I'm a woman & sometimes I wear a...
  6. A

Wanted 1994 explorer sport Transmission 4x4

I need a new trans, either rebuilt with warranty or new with warranty. if anyone has please let me know, ALSO if anyone knows a good place to buy one thats a vendor, please let me know. Thanks Lisa pits4everluvd@yahoo.com
  7. A

CMP, DPFE & Purge Silinoid?

Excuse the spelling on the last one, but I took my 94 explorer with a 4.0 that I just bought for a diagnostic and these are the 3 major things they told me needed replacing. They said they aren't in need of being fixed immediately but will give me trouble down the line. Can someone explaine to...
  8. J

No Electrical Power - new battery, batt cables

Hey all, want to say thanks first for maintaining this forum - I've been trying to fix my DD for a few weeks to no avail but I'm getting all my info from here so it's extremely helpful. Here's my problem: 1994 Ford Explorer EB, no power whatsoever. Battery test ok, 12.8V going to starter...
  9. Y

Coolant Leak, Intake Manifold?

Hi all, I seem to have developed a moderate coolant leak on my 94 Explorer. After removing the air intake duct I was able to identify what I believe is the source. Maybe someone can confirm if this is indeed caused by a bad intake gasket: If it is, any guidance on fixing the problem...
  10. G

Trailer hitch installation.

I bought a trailer hitch installation for my van today as I"m going on a long trip to Ohio from Oregon starting on the 2nd of August. I needed the trailer hitch to pull a 5x8 enclosed trailer filled to the brim with tons of stuff. My problem is after assembling the darndable thing (there was a...
  11. K

94 V6 a/c refrigerant line connections loose?

My 94 V6 EB has a/c problems. Compressor clutch is not engaging at all. I didnt use it at all last summer because the heater blower wasnt working. Eventually found and fixed the problem (blown relay in the pwr distr box under the hood). So now I have a fan that works, the heat works, the...
  12. S

my 94 explorer project(pics)

I have a 94 explorer sport 4x4 im waiting to do a straight trans swap this weekend some in the meantime I've been doing some work to make it look a little better (I cant really take pics while im doing the work as you can see im not in a garage so some days im pressed for daylight) give me some...
  13. C

1994 Explorer Transmission Stopped Working

I had to change the fuel pump in my '94 Explorer. I drove it up onto some ramps and it suddenly stopped working. It can shift in and out of gears but there is zero torque. I tried changing the filter and the modulator valve to no success. Can someone help me out here?
  14. M

94 Explorer

I picked up this explorer for $1000 in july 2011 and i turned 16 in august of 2011,and got my license before september. so i dropped a couple dollars into it to make it look good before i started driving :D I painted the rims black put 265/75/15 goodyear wranglers on it billet grille smoked...
  15. B

I Have A Dead Serious Question

I have been paying on a 1994 ford explorer limited and i have formed a sort of "relationship" with him. i call him oliver. am i dumb for this affection i have towards this truck and have not even payed off? i have such high hopes and ambitions for this truck. but im not quite sure if im just...
  16. F

94 explorer shaved tailgate

My first time with bondo, and welding. what do ya think? before: 2011-07-14_17-17-47_103 by Justinsdiy, on Flickr After: 2011-08-25_19-46-07_434 by Justinsdiy, on Flickr here are some pics of when it was being done: 2011-08-20_15-03-32_653 by Justinsdiy, on Flickr...
  17. J

94 explorer limited, front end wobble

Well i took my explorer to a shop for the wobble, it kind feels like a loose tire or a warped tire on a bicycle, they told me i needed an passenger side tie rod but wanted 150 to install it, my dad and i put it in for 40. front end wobble is still there, on a suggestion from a friend we rotated...
  18. 1994 Ranger headlight schematic diagram.

1994 Ranger headlight schematic diagram.

19. F

1994 a4ld HELP!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200518_1935723471316_1189221128_32410392_6028637_n.jpg Where does this bearing go??????
  20. Y

Yet Another 1994 A4LD Rebuild

Morning folks! Well, after sitting for about 8 months I'm finally getting around to rebuilding the transmission in my '94 XLT now that the weather is finally warmer. I was experiencing the common "no forward drive" situation where the car would only go into reverse. Checking the vacuum modulator...
  21. Y

1st Gen Timing Chain Replacement

Evening folks, In the process of my first A4LD rebuild on a stock '94 Explorer. Anyone know if the pushrod model also has a rear timing chain that I can replace while I am in there with just the transmission out? Had to do the chain on my '99 5.0L which was easier since it was only the front...
  22. G

Installing An Aftermarket CD Player In A 94 Ford Explorer with Factory Amp

I need help putting in an aftermarket CD player in my car. I just bought it and it didn't have a radio. I know this car is the model with the factory amp because I found it when I had to repair a hack job where someone cut the speaker wires that go to the amp and wired them with their own. I cut...
  23. 1994 Aerostar charging circuit schematic diagram.

1994 Aerostar charging circuit schematic diagram.

24. F

HOW TO:1st gen horn relocation.

Hey everyone i have been getting great responces for whatever problems i have had with my ex and i just thought i would give back with this thread... I was fed up with were the horn was, its tucked up behind the drivers side headlight assembly and i thought i could find a better place for it so...
  25. T

Just replaced Tranny modulator, now i got shifting problems - HELP!

Today i replaced my Vacuum modulator on my transmission and before i replaced it the car shifted flawlessly, the old modulator was leaking so i was losing fluid, and today i installed the new modulator and now it shifts really wierd. Heres what happens : it'll shift from 1st to 2nd, and then at...
Back