2000 4x4 with 4.0 6cyl. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 4x4 with 4.0 6cyl.

1. X

Battery light comes on or off when moving alternator wires

My battery on my xlt as been having the above issue, were it is on or off when moving the alternator wires, but the battery is being charged even when it is on, from what I've checked there is no issue, but the light still persists, even a slight movement of the wire will change the light, I...
  2. 1

2000,xls, wanting to stall,sluggish

Hello, So I am having an issue with my truck. It is wanting to stall out when I start it. cold out or not. And when i rev it up a lot a finally just put it in gear and go it is ok but will wanna stall out when stopped. it lasts for a bit and then goes away. i did have same issue before i had a...
  3. M

New addition, 2000 Explorer Limited

My dads 05’ town and country with the 3.8 was wrecked and so I recommended him to buy an Explorer and I was looking for an Explorer with a 5.0 AWD but settled on a 2000 Explorer Limited 4.0 SOHC/AUTO 4x4 with 181k on the clock for $1,000. Needed a brake line and that has been replaced already...
  4. T

Moving again; camshaft synchronizer chirping in cold: Monitoring failure?

Happy 2020 All'y'all! Sudden circumstances & I'm moving (solo) again: To the 'big city'; 1-load-at-a-time ('tired bones'/weak heart/failing kidneys/'lost' 2nd-wind.) I can hear my camshaft synchronizer chirping more-and-more (2000 XLS, 6-OHV, 145k); especially at-idle. I have a Scan Gauge II...
  5. B

My two 2nd Gen Ex'es

6. D

No start

So I just recently bought a 2000 Ford Explorer, was told it needed a neutral safety switch, before I changed the switch the vehicles started up. After I changed the switch, now I’m only getting a click nothing more, I have no reverse lights but getting power to the fuse and the fuse is okay...
  7. Z

brush guard installation and connections

I am looking to install a Hunter Brush Guard on my 2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Does anyone have any photos of how and where they attach to the frame this would be helpful to know before I dive into this. Also how hard of an installation is this ? Thanks for your help
  8. J

Cylinder Misfire

My check engine light on my 2000 Explorer (249,000 miles) is on and the code reads #6 cylinder misfire. when I first got this I replaced my plugs and wires. When it came on again I replaced my coil. I am getting good spark from the coil into that wire, but the light is on again and it does...
  9. J

Thumping when braking

I replaced my brake pads and rotors - and my e-brake shoes - on my 2000 Ford Explorer 4WD. At first all was fine, but then I started getting a really obnoxious whump whump whump sound from my right rear every time I brake. Its frequency is related to the speed of the truck, and it stops as soon...
  10. H

2000 ford explorer problems NEED HELP!!!!!

I read the codes on my 2000 ford explorer and it says I have a bad knock sensor but doesnt have any symptoms of it not working. When I start it up it wants to stall out and usually does. When I start it again the RPM's go down real low and when I give it gas it responds but the RPM's still try...
  11. E

abs sensor light on

Whats does code c-1230 & c-1102 mean? Are they both rear speed sensors?
  12. 2

in need of some help

okay so i just purchesed a 2000 explorer and the guy lifted this thing some how idk how im pretty sure its a suspention lift and not the inside of the right front tire is really worn and i think that the upper control are aint long enough does any body know were to get longer ones or can anyone...
  13. D

5.0 Mounty engine swap into 2000 X with bad 4.0

I need advice as to what you would do in this situation,1st,my girl rolls her '98 5.0AWD Mounty,nothing left to the body,frame,motor are fine,it was an excellent truck till now,ok,i have a 2000 XLT with the 4.0,its the 6cycl anyway,i just picked it up at a sale,its a 4x4,the motor is...
Back