2001 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1. D

2001 Ford Explorer - Exterior Door Panel Missing

WHERE CAN I ORDER THIS MISSING DOOR PANEL MOULDING? Hello - I took a road trip this weekend and the door panel flew off somewhere. Does anyone know how to find and order this part? Its the passenger door "gray" panel.:(
  2. R

Help diagnosing fuel delivery issue

I have a 2001 Sport, bone stock, with 107k miles. It has been my daily driver for 3 years now and just recently it stopped starting. It will run for a good 5 minutes before it dies and it wont start at all. A few weeks back it threw lean codes but they arent showing anymore, that is why I think...
  3. E

Best Intake Manifold Gasket - 2001 ST SOHC, Job 1

I have a 2001 Sport Trac Job 1 (June 2000) with SOHC 4.0. I have 0171, 0174, 0301, and 0302 codes. I had a smoke test done and confirmed there is a leak in the upper intake manifold gasket. What is the best replacement gasket? I see gaskets from Fel-Pro (MS90890), Magnum (MS18037), and...
  4. E

2001 Sport Trac ABS Sensors

Hi all, I'm new here. Just bought an 01 Sport Trac (Job 1), 4x4, automatic. I noticed the ABS wasn't working (no ABS light, it just doesn't activate on icy roads). Eventually, I found the front ABS sensors are not plugged in. The wires are ziptied out of the way. 1) Where should the...
  5. J

01 Sport - 15" Wheels

I've been searching about wheels and tires for the past 2 weeks trying to see what I really want...I finally bought 15x8 (2.5" backspacing) wheels and a 31x10.5 tires...I just got a call from 4wheelparts (I ordered from them) and was told by one of their reps that 15" wheels wont fit my 01...
  6. I

High Beam Issue; Not MFS

I have a 2001 Sport Trac 4WD. The issue is I have low beams, but when I switch to high beams the headlights turn off. There is no indicator light on the cluster, like it doesn't light up. I've already replaced the MFS and the headlamp switch. I don't have any blown fuses, replaced my bulbs...
  7. C

Exhaust advice for 01 sport trac!!

Ok, I just got a Mac intake now I'm moving to the exhaust. I have a couple buddies who have an exhaust set up that exits right in front of their back tire, Now their trucks are all half tons, so I'm not sure if this could be done on a sport trac. If I could i would want a flow master muffler...
  8. D

Should I buy this 2001 Explorer XLS?

Hi all, I recently sold my 94 Explorer and am looking to get into a newer model. I found this one on Craigslist: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/3673345200.html It seems to be pretty solid, miles aren't too high, and they're asking $3300. Can anybody give me any advice on what to ask about...
  9. B

2001 sport mystery noises

I have a 2001 ex sport and I have two mysterious noises that no one can solve. I've been to the stealership several times with no results. 1. When I'm turning corners or certain road conditions where there is left to right body movement I hear a pop sound on the drivers side. It sounds almost...
  10. S

Transmission Trauma!!!

So here is my dilemma, My xplorer (1997 4.0 SOHC) has 215,x.. miles on the transmission with 1 past rebuild at around 130,x... It needed one again so instead I purchased a transmission from a 2001 4.0 xplorer. It hooks up to the engine perfectly but the wires are different. Is there a conversion...
  11. G

Low compression turbo in my ranger?

I was thinking about putting a low compression turbo in my 2001 ranger 2.5L 4cyl. I have also thought about swapping out my motor to any 6 cylinder that will fit. I currently have 33" tires and a stock differential. While I'm at it, what is the best way to increase my track width for not that...
  12. J

URGENT 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

I own a 2001 for explorer sport trac with 170,000 miles on it. I have been putting water in the radiator and the reservoir. I drive around about 18 miles or so. I am having to fill it up again almost daily the radiator is taking water from the reservoir but not returning water to it. But the...
  13. J

2001 ford explorer sport 4.0 SOHC

Ive read a lot of posts on these vehicles and done many things to the car however i can not cure the rough idle and loss of mpg. Ive replaced Plugs, Wires, PCV, Fuel Filter, air filter, All new rotors and brakes (no rubbing), Cleaned about every sensor i could get to, cleaned the throttle body...
  14. N

Wanted Catalytic converters for 2001 sport

Looking for both sets of cats for a 2001 explorer sport. 4.0 L V6 SOHC. THANKS! My number is 404-405-1210. Am willing to pay for shipping dont care what the cost is.
  15. L

Overheating problem with 01 sports trac

My truck keeps overheating. New radiator assembly, thermostat, fan clutch, upper hose, radiator cap. Coolant is full in overflow tank and in radiator. No leaks into oil, or on the ground that I've noticed. No white smoke coming out of my tail pipe. I'm stumped. Any ideas? (might be related) my...
  16. M

Help Needed (Wiring New Stereo for '01 ST)

I have a 2001 Explorer Sport Trac, and I was wondering exactly which wiring harness I need to use to put in a new stereo??? I already have the 6cd factory stereo out of the dash and unhooked, and I also have the install kit face plate that I want, but I've searched and searched and can't seem...
  17. N

Location of stock sub amp? 2001 X sport

Hello, I am getting ready to do some upgrades to the audio in my 2001 Explorer Sport. anyone know where I can find the amp for the sub. Also, how do I get to the speakers? Can I use standard panel removal tools? Thanks!
  18. G

'01 Eddie Bauer Aftermarket HU issue

Hello, I installed a Premier 510ub headunit over the weekend but am having some issues with the install. I used the scooche fdk13b adapter, soldered the splices, but when I use the radio the sound is really low sounding and distorted.. Almost sounds like running an iPod loud through...
  19. 2001 Sport Trac 4x4

2001 Sport Trac 4x4

2001 Sport Trac 4x4
  20. 2001 Sport Trac 4x4

2001 Sport Trac 4x4

2001 Sport Trac 4x4
  21. 2001 Mazda MPV van MAF top view.

2001 Mazda MPV van MAF top view.

This is the top view of the inside of the mass air flow sensor on a 2001 Mazda MPV. This part has 3 elemets.
  22. 2001 Mazda MPV van MAF side view.

2001 Mazda MPV van MAF side view.

This is the inside of the mass air flow sensor on a 2001 Mazda MPV. This part has 3 elemets.
  23. C

Starter Problems?

I have a 2001 XLS and having problems getting my explorer to start. So far, have had the battery and starter checked at AutoZone and they are both good. When I try to start the car it will click once and the power goes out. I have to tap the battery terminal and then power is back. I have...
  24. D

Wanted Wiper arm compatibility for '01 Sport?

So my wiper arms are losing tension and I want to replace them (or at least one of them) before the heavy snow starts to fall but it's incredibly hard to find a place that carries them in the greater Toronto area. So I turned to e-bay and found some for a reasonable price but none specifically...
  25. I

01 explorer grabs when turning

My 2001 Explorer (161,000 miles) is starting to "grab" when I slowly turn either way, like when pulling into the garage or into a parking spot, forward and reverse. It does not do it all the time, but seems to be getting more frequent and louder. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Back