2002 4.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 4.0

1. 3

2004 Explorer V8 swapped into a 2002 v6 Explorer

I was wondering if it is possible to put an 2004 v8 engine and transmission from a totaled explorer into an 2002 explorer with a bad v6 motor and transmission. Is this possible? What type of modifications/fabrications would I be looking at to make this happen? Thanks for the help!
  2. M

Transfer Case Issue

Hello Everyone, Firstly I'd like to thank everyone on this forum that has helped me in the past with my Explorer. I recently hit 200,000 miles! I probably couldn't have done it without the tips and assistance from many on here. I have a 2002 Explorer XLT, V6 (4.0 L), 4x4 with about 200,400...
  3. M

What do I REALLY need to tune-up on my 2002 4.0L?

Ok guys, Speaking as a novice (I'm no mechanic, but pretty handy on repairs), I would like to know what REALLY needs to be done for a good tune-up on my 2002 EB Explorer. FYI - I love this truck. I bought it from my dad 2 years ago, and absolutely love it...it's NEVER let me down. I've...
  4. G

Hi Im new to this forum. I have a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0L AWD (same as explorer) with 99,900 miles. I am experiencing some problems with it. First Service Engine Soon light is on. Engine code p0401 Evap system fail. Replaced EGR pressure sensor. Still hesitating. My main problem is a weird...
  5. R

2002 mercury mountaineer 4.0 timing chain rattle

I know i am beating a dead horse AGAIN but please forgive me. I have read over and listened to hitchhikingmike's post and video on his 2002 4.0 explorer noise. I believe i have a similar noise but the difference is mine becomes more noticeable when its warm and stopped in gear. When i put it in...
Back