2002 explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 explorer

1. O

2002 EB. OEM Leather seats out of production.

Ford stopped making the leather replacement seat covers for the 2002 EB in 2009. After buying two sets of leather EB seats on EBay that were in horrible condition, but advertised as good, visiting wrecking yards in LA and Ventura counties, I'm resigned to spending $2,000. to have the two front...
  2. P

2wd to 4wd or AWD for '02 explorer xlt

hi everyone! i have a 2002 xlt RWD i was tryin to hold out for a 4x4 but i couldnt wait for ever i hear its not too hard what do i need to do? and how much will it run?
  3. H

Battery drain on a 2002 Explorer.

ok,.. got a battery drain of 0.60 to 0.62,... when I pull fuses # 1 (marked PJB) the drain goes to 0.29 to 0.30 and when I pull fuse # 29 the drain goes all the way to 0.04 to 0.5,.... so, I think it must be in that area of the drain in the 2 PJB fuses,... (Passenger Junction Box's,...)...
  4. M

how well will a 2002 ford explorer xlt run while off roading with stock parts?

how well will a 2002 ford explorer xlt run while off roading with stock parts? please help i appreciate it. thnx
  5. K

2002 Ford Explorer has a rough idle, and jumps when put into gear.

We have a 2002 Ford Exploreer 4.0l. When we start it cold and place into gear, the engine rpm surges up and the car leaps forward or backward. Seems to be a cold start issue. The car also idles rough. If it does not start the first time, on occassion, you have to crank 5 - 10 seconds and...
  6. 2

How many AC orifice tubes?

The AC compressor on my 2002 Explorer EB grenaded just before fall last year. Just got a new compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube (OT) for repairs. Took out all three, and notice second set of high/low pressure lines running back to rear evap coil. Now, the kicker is that the OT is on...
  7. F15E_WSO

EGR solenoid replacement 2002 Expl V-6; YGTBSM!!!

Folks, Need some help here please. I have the SES light on, Went to Advance Auto, took the diagnostic tool, got the 401 code; assured by counter rep that the EGR valve would fix it. Replaced that; got the part late Sunday so squirted some Liquid Wrench on the nuts and threads which made...
  8. T

Installing aftermarket GPS in 2002 Explorer

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer with an OEM Stereo installed right now. I ordered a standard aftermarket double din GPS navigation system, and while trying to install it, I noticed the harnesses didn't fit, so I figured I would have to solder the wires together. I went to Pep Boys, and they highly...
  9. K

Help! Crazy Front End noise 02 2wd!

Had front brake job done yesterday. Drove it about 10 miles home no problems. Drove it today about 7 miles (in the rain) and all of the sudden a loud strange harmonic kind of humming started coming from the front end at speeds of 30-50 mph, lasted about a minute then stopped. I could feel...
  10. S

Another 2002 Explorer XLS Speaker Install HOWTO

I used these instructions to get started, but there is a little bit more smooth approach regarding the order of panel section removal, and I wanted to include a little more detail. Thanks, GregV8 for your fine example! This is an expansion on your work. :) These instructions are for replacing...
Back