2003 explorer xlt | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 explorer xlt

1. L

2003 XLT 4.0 flex fuel died

I think I might have more than one issue going on. A couple weeks ago my girlfriend & I were driving and the thing just died as we pulled away from a stop sign. Steered over to the curb, put it in park, turned the key off & tried to start it. All dash lights came on & went off as they should but...
  2. J

High Idle and Shifting is Off

2003 Ex with the 4.6L and 143k miles. At a warm or cold start up, the RPMs jump to 2k then very slowly drop to around 900-1k. While driving, the RPMs stay higher than normal when the trans is shifting. It seems like the RPMs are 300-500 RPMs higher than normal. There have been times where...
  3. S

Power steering problems 2003 Explorer

I recently bought this 2003 explorer XLT 4x4 with the V8 4.6L. I thought the steering was a little stiff. Driving to work this morning I lost the power steering. When I am driving it is fine but when I am turning from a stop it will not work. If I am parked and give it some gas it will work...
  4. B

CC not working after Bearings Changed

Hi all, Looking for a little help here. I took my car to a mechanic to have the bearings and hub assembly changed on my 2003 Explorer, 4.0, V6, XLT. All 4 tires were off to check brakes etc. As soon as I picked it up, the cruise control had stopped working. It had been working until then...
  5. O

Elevated idle 03 Explorer XLT

Ok guys i have an interesting problem. Recently my dad purchased a 2003 explorer xlt 4.0 v6, and we have noticed some odd idle and start up issues with it. First, when started up cold it fires up to 2000rpm like normal but it drops down to 1000 rpm then does recover a bit to 1200. This sounds...
  6. T

2003 Ford Explorer XLT (V8) Catalytic Converters

I have a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT (V8-4.6L) in storage at my fathers. He drives it occasionally. The next time I am home, in about less than a month, I need to change out the catalytic converters. Dealer quoted $1700, but we have access to a lift, so we can do it ourselves. However, the assemblies...
Back