2005 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 ford explorer

1. J

05' Explorer XLT 4.0 Front Differential Help Please

Here's my situation. I've had the Explorer for a little over a year now. Bought it for $1,300 in alright running condition. Since I've bought it I've put in almost $2,000 into it. From all the tune up needs spark plugs, spark plugs wires, air filter, oil, oil filter, and also things that needed...
  2. C

Oil leak coming from upper Pan gasket.

Recently changed the timing chain assembly on my 2005 ford ford explorer sport trac and after putting it together I suspect I have an oil leak coming from the upper oil pan, it leaks out from between the engine and transmission. I believe it's because I forgot to add sealant to the gasket when I...
  3. D

2005 Explorer XLT

Hey Everyone, I have an issue with my rear end squeaking, and here is the latest history. 1st - The squeak came out of nowhere when it got cold last week and has squeaked ever since. 2nd - I have got on the rear end to bounce it and it acts like it should (but it squeaks). 3rd - I replaced...
  4. K

Battery turning itself on??? Help

Hi there, I drive a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT and a few days ago after turning my car off, as I was walking into my house I heard my car radio start playing and interior lights came on. I unlocked and relocked the car on my key fob and the radio and lights turned off. Today I got out of my car...
  5. R

2005 ford explorer xlt 4.0L p0320 & p2106 safe engine failure mode

I have a 2005 ford explorer xlt 4.0L I was driving down the freeway and got off the ramp as soon as i was sitti g at the light my wrench light came on and failure safe engine light and it wanted to stall. Let it sit till my lunch break and went out to pull it off the road so it would not get...
  6. J

05- V8 4.6L Throttle body problems? Looking for used TB

So here's my story... 05 mountaineer v8 model was starting to act up the other week, right as it started to get cold... would start, but too forever to. So checked everything I thought could be wrong.. battery good. Thought it was the starter because when it was in the ON position it would click...
  7. K

2005 Explorer 5R55S replacement question

Hi all - new posting to the forum although I've benefited over the years from your cumulative knowledge. I'm military, stationed in France, and have a transmission problem which, since Ford Explorers aren't sold here through Ford dealerships, is a huge PITA. The tale of the fight (some of this...
  8. H

tire advice

Hi all, I need to buy 4 new tires. My Kuhmo Solus kr21 tires are 2 yrs old and have 30,000 miles on them. They are on the tread bars! Supposed to be an 80,000 mile tread warranty. I am disappointed to say the least.... I've been told about general grabber jts & Firestone wilderness AT. I want a...
  9. R

Ford Explorer Surging on Start

Hello everyone forgive me if I posted incorrectly. My Ford Explorer 2005 XLT always surges on cold and warm start, changed coil pack, plugs, wires, serviced lubes etc even replaced with new throttle body, just reached 60,000 miles, experiencing rough idle. Been at this over and over for three...
  10. D

Hello all

Hey fellow Explorer owners. I love my Explorer, too bad I'm having transmission problems on it.
Back