2006 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1. S

4.6L spark plug problems

Hey whats going on guys,I kinda ran into a bad situation.I own a 06 mountaineer with the 4.6l v8. Its my daily driver to get back and forth to work. As of most of you already know that changing the spark plugs are a hassle. Well last night cly 8 started misfiring on me. I pulled the coil out...
  2. C

Rpms stay high sporadically and very loud

Hi all. I just purchased an 06 eddie bauer with the 4.0 v6 and when I test drove it there were no issues at all. However, after a bought it and drove it for a day or so I noticed that off and on when leaving from a dead stop the engine would sound extremely loud and the rpms would stay well...
  3. D

06 Explorer Overheating Randomly - Can't figure out the issue!

Hey everyone. I'm new here but thank you for the valuable information provided by this great community. I have already learned a lot, but still very confused about the issue with my 2006 Explorer. The story.. I bought the car in '08 with 13,000 miles. Almost immediately had to replace the...
  4. O

Can a P0442 CEL code effect my braking? Please help.

I have a 2006 Explorer V6. Ran perfect. On the way home Got a CEL P0442 code P0442 - EVAP Control System Leak Detected (Small Leak) Now the twist, I'm hoping this narrows down the problem. It started happening a day or two after the CEL light when on. Normally when I am coming to a stop and...
  5. P

Engine swap 1998 with 2006?

I need to replace the engine in my 1998 Explorer XLT(V6 4.0 SOHC). I found a 2006 V6 4.0 SOHC from a Mountaineer. They have matching engine codes. Can I use this one? Are the heads and block the same? What, if anything do I have to convert over?
  6. S

2006 Limited 2nd Row Captain Seat Belt Removal

Seat belt in the second row passenger side has become a pain in the a**. Sometimes it comes out fine, other times it is locked and you have to play with it to get it unlocked. The only way I have found to get it to unlock is to pull up as hard as possible on the belt trying to get it to feed...
  7. N

Interior shifter column lights not working 2006 eddie bauer

Hi, Im having a issue where my interior shifter column lights are not working. My All my other interior lights are working properly, dash,overhead, map, radio ect. Its not a fuse under the hood or dash. The only thing i have been able to gather from some research is that the bulb is not...
  8. M

Dealer Installed Remote Start not starting

Hello All, I have a 2006 Explorer XLT which has a dealer installed remote starter which does not start the engine. When I push the button, the horn beeps once, there is a short pause and then the horn beeps twice and then nothing. Normally after the second set of beeps, the engine would...
  9. B

4x4 Help

Just picked up a V8 06 XLT yesterday with 35,000 miles on it. One problem I am noticing is that when I press the 4x4 buttons, nothing lights up on the dash. When putting it in 4x4 low I can hear it click in by the button but pressing 4x4 high I cant hear anything engage. The traction control...
  10. E

Roof mounted dvd player 06 explorer

Dear all, Sure a lot of info on these forums! I hope someone can help me with something I was not able to find sofar. I have a 06 Explorer, which came with an (factory?) roof mounted DVD player. Unfortunately it doesn't function, it has been to several repairshops, but no luck. Can somebody...
  11. T

2006 Ford Ranger Add-Ons

Hi there. I just got a red 2006 Ranger Sport as a graduation present. I was curious what sort of stuff y'all have added to yours. I'm mostly interested in lift kits, bull bars, and anything to help acceleration.
  12. E

2006 Explorer exterior door handle replacement

So not finding any good threads on how to actually do this, I figured why not document my experience so you can hopefully have a little easier time if this happens to you. This is on my wife's explorer XLT that I broke the handle on the drivers side rear door off. It was cold, okay...
  13. R

need always on 12v wire near interior lights

Hi, I installed a gps tracker in the interior light unit in the front. Works fine, but now I receive low battery warnings from this device. My guess is that my Explorer is trying to outsmart me by switching of the interior lights automatically after a couple of hours. 1. Is there a way to...
  14. N

2006 EB Cross Rail Installation

I'm getting ready to install cross rails to my roof rack on my 2006 Eddie Bauer. I have had trouble with the dealership's parts department with ordering everything that I need. I have had to place three separate orders to get the necessary parts, I'm wondering if I'm still missing anything...
  15. M

Adding Puddle Lights to 02 XLS

I read a thread on here which says the 06-09 side mirrors will fit on 02-05 Explorers. I plan on buying them on eBay for $112, and I would like to get the ones with puddle lights. My current mirrors do not have puddle lights. Does anyone know if the wires are the same on 4th gen as 3rd gen? And...
  16. I

2 questions...ironman parts...and 3rd brake light....

So I have a 2006 explorer xlt...Love it...I'm slowly but surely adding to it. My first question: Anyone have a good website for oem ironman parts? ie: front and back bumper covers, riveted fender flares, head/fog lights...ect.... Questions 2: I want to replace the stock 3rd brake light...
  17. Ridgid 27018 model 2006 tightening the faucet lock nuts.

Ridgid 27018 model 2006 tightening the faucet lock nuts.

18. Ridgid 27018 model 2006 tightening a stainless steel flexible line.

Ridgid 27018 model 2006 tightening a stainless steel flexible line.

Back