2008 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 explorer

1. C

Solved:Starting/Fuel Issue-Wont Start

2008 Ford Explorer V8 Drove fine yesterday afternoon. Went out last night and the truck started but was running real rough and when I gave it gas it tried to die. Turned off ignition and tried again same result. 3rd time it kind of got a little better idle so I decided to let it sit awhile. Came...
  2. 0

2008 Ford Explorer Unknown Noise

Please Im asking for help from anyone who can let me know whats going on. Im on my 2nd explorer now and its making a weird metal tick/thump sound but there is no consistency with it. Maybe my pulleys? Please anyone, i have a video but dont know where to post. I will venmo/cashapp someone $10-$20...
  3. M

New battery and alternator

My 2008 ford explorer limited flashed the abs light, traction control light, and tire pressure light, then the dash went red and the car died out. Got it home and replaced the alternator and battery. Car started and drove but would flash the battery light at me randomly and tell me to check the...
  4. P

08 Custom flat rack

hi everyone! Just wanted to show the rack i built for my 4th gen! I used my old full size bed frame. Maybe this will give out some inspiration! Anyone else rocking a flat rack? If so drop some pictures.
  5. K

2008 ABS Control Module

I've been looking for a Abs Control module with no luck. Anyone have a rebuilt one? Thanks.
  6. P

2008 Skid plate

Ive been looking and checking the forums don’t worry. But i can’t seem to find much talk or really anything when it comes to the 08 Explorer and any kind of skid/undercarriage protection. Anyone have any tips or maybe any ranger plates that could work? I will attach an image below of what i’m...
  7. P

is my explorer pretty?

Hi all, I've had my 08 Explorer xlt for 3 years now and have loved it. Everyone doesn't see the beauty that I see in my car so I hope to find some people who also do. Glad to be here and hope to learn lots!
  8. A

2008 Explorer - Car starts, drives but then won't start later but then starts again magically

I'm hoping you can help me since I'm not finding anything with my google searching or even a way to best say the problem. Car: 2008 Explorer XLT 4x4 with about 135K miles. Major work: rebuilt transmission in Jan 2020 Minor work: new interstate battery April 2020 TL;DR problem: Car has begun a...
  9. A

SOS No Crank No Start

I am brand new to this forum, thank you for accepting me to this forum. This is my first post! I have a 2008 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0 V6, 4WD. It has 130,000 miles. Here is the list of electrical symptoms I have had recently - starting a month ago it took a few more cranks than usual to start up...
  10. G

2008 Explorer -- Worried About Transmission. Any advice?

Hey folks. I have an '08 Explorer that I purchased new. It has 140,000 miles at present. I am admittedly not a "car guy" but I have had the oil changed every 3,000 miles and tried to be diligent about getting things fixed as needed. As a result, the truck has been good to me thus far. Here's the...
  11. R

2008 Mountaineer stopping while running

Hi everyone new guy here. I could really use some help and everyone's opinion on a perplexing issue that I'm having with my 2008 Mercury Mountaineer with a V6. I bought this car used and it ran well until recently. The battery was going bad so we replaced it. Everything seemed to be going ok...
  12. EGruner

2008 RF Power Seat Pigtail Diagram

I am troubleshooting an inop front passenger seat motor... can anyone share the wiring diagram for the power seat harness?
  13. E

2008 Explorer A/C blowing warm from Drivers side Vents

My A/C blows warm air from the drivers side vents. The passengers side vents and the rear vents (over the rear seats) blow noticeably colder air. The drivers side vents blow strong air it's just that it's warm. I haven't noticed any difference switching from "Max Air" to regular air or by...
  14. K

2008 Lift

Hello, I have a 2008 Explorer V8 4wd Eddie Bauer. Does P265/70/R18 tires work ok without rub. Also, I was looking to lift it but cannot find a lift option anywhere? thanks Kelly
Back