2012 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 explorer

1. T

Can't Figure Out This Noise or Shake - 2012 Explorer

I have a 2012 Ford Explorer Base 3.5L and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing the shake on this thing. It seem to only shake violently once it gets up around 50-60+ MPH that you can feel in the peddle upon throttle acceleration. It makes a weird noise sometimes too. (I...
  2. D

Hi I'm....

Hi I'm Damian new to the group and a brand new owner of a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited.
  3. K

Electrical issues in Winter?

I own a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD that has around 160k miles.. The vehicle has trouble starting in 30 degree weather, the radio will randomly black out and not come on for days, and the tire pressure sensor starts to go off.. The battery has been tested and wasn’t bad, the alternator was...
  4. J

2011-2015 Cooled Seats Ineffective

I’ve done the search, can’t find anything. The cooled seats in my 2012 limited make noise but WOW there’s nothing coming out of the perforations. I replaced the filter, and checked the zip tied duct. What am I missing? They used to freeze me out. when my wife was pregnant with our second she...
  5. F

Rear driver side coolant leak

I have a 2012 Ford Explorer base model v6. My coolant leaks right above my driver side muffler and it smells bad. I’ve brought it to a shop they said was fine but it’s just progressively getting worse. I need help trying to find either the full lines to replace them or if anyone knows any tricks...
  6. S

Can you reset MyKey with only one key?! HELP!

Last week, on my Explorer 2012, I activated the MyKey function Last week, on my Explorer 2012, I activated the MyKey option without knowing what it was for. Since I only have one key (the other was lost by my wife several years ago), I was wondering if there was a simple way to remove the...
  7. A

Push Pins for front valance 2012 Explorer

What is the part number or compatible equivalent for the plastic push pins that hold front valance, air-dam, spoiler, lip or whatever that thing is below bumper? I'd like a part number or a link please. THANKS! This is a link to the part I'm referring to...
  8. C

Noisy 5th and 6th gear shift 2012 Exp XLT

Just picked up a 2012 Explorer XLT. Love the car but have a concern with a "sawing" noise when the tranny shifts into 5th and 6th gear. I can replicate the noise by going into manual mode and shifting up to the 5th and 6th gears. Saw the discussion on this forum about "Oasis Special Service...
  9. K

2012 Explorer Emergency Brake removal

Hi gang...Like many others my right rear brakes have been hanging up for some crazy reason! I have pulled the caliper twice and cleaned out any rust and replaced the rotors and pads. The dragging brakes have gotten a lot better but still happens. I got a whole new loaded caliper to hopefully...
  10. A

2012 Ford Explorer door code

I have a 2012 Ford Explorer and I don't know the factory door code. Does anyone know where it is located on the 2012? I know I can go to the dealer and they can get it but not without a price. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  11. D

2012 Explorer Backseat Latch Stuck Up

One of the latches underneath the center seat behind the driver's seat was pressed down while the seat was raised up and now I can't get it unlatched in order to latch the seat down. The fabric loop used to pull it up normally isn't unlatching it and the plastic lever isn't doing anything...
  12. C

Newbie - need to get to back of radio - 2012 Explorer

Hi everyone, Apologies in advance if this is already posted somewhere but I haven't been able to find anything for the 2011-2013 explorers. I'm looking to remove the radio to plug a harness I bought into the back of it. I'm not doing any custom wiring, it's all plug and play, my concern...
  13. jcerrion

2012 Picture Track down - roof rack

Guys, I need some help. Can anyone help me track down a contact to the owner of this 2012 explorer? I love his tire setup, and the look with a roof rack. i want to get info on the specs of this setup. such as: Wheels-? size, brand Tires-? size, brand lift or suspension adjustment? new...
  14. B

Bad News No AppLink for (current) Explorers

I emailed the SYNC team and got terrible news I'm not sure where to express my angry about this!: Thank you for your email in regards to AppLink. Unfortunately AppLink will not be available on the 2012/2013 Explorer models. Sincerely, Nathan Ford Motor Company SYNC Support Center...
  15. W

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

I've had the 2012 limited ecoboost for about 2 months now with 1700 miles. I'm getting an average of 16-17mpg city and around 24 highway. This is driving VERY conservative. I know this doesn't seem like much, but we're talking a 20% decrease from the sticker MPG. I've owned a few new Ford...
  16. M

Engine Revving - 2012 Explorer XLT 4WD

I've had my 2012 Explorer for about a month and when I step on the brake when traveling over 50 MPH, I get a serious spike (1000 RPMs) for about 2 to 3 seconds before it goes back to normal. I'll be bringing the car in to the dealer this week but any insights as to why this is occurring?
  17. K

2012 Explorer

We are going to order a new Explorer because our dealer cannot find what we want in a 2011 in our area. Any one have an insight into when they may actually be available?
Back