2018 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1. W

18-XLT: Need Assistance with Modifying Blinker System for Continuous 12V

2018 FORD EXPLORER XLT Hey fellow Ford Explorer enthusiasts, I'm currently working on a modification project for my Ford Explorer, and I could use some expertise from the community. I'm aiming to modify the blinker system to receive a continuous 12V supply instead of the factory default of...
  2. P

2016-18 PIU FORScan Mods

Hey guys, A while back I had a 2015 PIU and successfully made a bunch of mods using an OBD connector and FORScan installed on my laptop. Including: AWD Display, RKE, Dark Car etc. I am buying a 2016 PIU now, which to my understanding is the next generation and after spending hours and hours on...
  3. B

Hey team, TIA

Hey team, after reading through some forums, I decided I found the right place for my project, thanks in advance. I bought a new 2018 Explorer XLT, sport appearance, technology, tow package, etc, and I'm loving it even after 2 years. I have been giving her a face lift in the last few days...
  4. M

2018 Explorer XLT 3.5L. Engine Whine/Whistle Noise

Hello, I’m currently having an issue with my 18’ ford explorer. About a week after owning it, it started making a loud whine/whistle noise on the right side of the engine side. Already took it to the dealer and they have no clue where it’s coming from and is currently still there being checked...
  5. J

Detail guys ruined matte finish with leather conditioner. Help!

So I recently had my 2018 Platinum Explorer detailed by pretty reputable guys (I've used them in the past) but apparently they didn't use whatever specific matte finish leather interior cleaner/conditioner (and just a regular one). The interior is gray as well. Now the matte finish is this lack...
  6. G

Tire Advice

Hello can anyone either tell me or refer me to a specific thread that talks about how large of tires I can put on a 2018 platinum without causing a bunch of problems, rub, and without a lift? I’d like to use stock rims if possible, but am open to after-market if stock is limiting due to offset...
  7. S

2017 and 2018 parts interchangeability

Hey guys, would anyone happen to know if you can swap out exterior bits and pieces from the 2018 explorer to the 2017 ?
  8. J

Transmission Issue? Brand New 2018 Platinum

I have a new 2018 Platinum, ordered in February and delivered in April. After about 500 miles noticed a fairly loud hum/harmonic noise when the car reaches 20 mph, 30 mph and about 45 mph. It appears to only be an annoying vibration noise as I don't feel anything in the driveability. It happens...
  9. A

New member deciding on 2018 Explorer or waiting on 2019

Hello everyone, Basically Ive been in the market for a new Explorer for about 4 months. Now I'm at the point of ordering a new 2018 with some added discounts, or wait to see what the 2019 model will include. I wont need the vehicle till around October so I have time. Has anyone heard of any...
Back