Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Street
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

These three pictures of CrossTrainer test mules were taken at three different places west of the Mississippi. The Chicago-built CrossTrainer, a unibody “crossover,” will be built at Ford’s Chicago Assembly Plant beginning in early 2004. The CrossTrainer will seat up to seven passengers with three rows of seating and will be available in all-wheel-drive as well as front-wheel drive. Its V-6 engine will be mated to a ZF continuously variable transmission and will offer car-like ride and handling with SUV-type off-road capabilities.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I understand this is only a test vehicle...but the concept looks a lot nicer.

10397.jpg

I think Subaru inspired Ford.

Is that how they start out with a new model? They take a Ford Explorer rear end, Jeep Grand Cherokee hatch, Kia Sportage middle, and a Ford Contour front end and put them together? Who cares if it fits, right?

I kinda like the concept picture.... sorta.... except for the fact it looks like a Subaru with an Escape front end.

it looks like an f-ed up lowered explorer :rolleyes:

And is the driver reading the news paper in that picture?

Originally posted by 98FordX24
I kinda like the concept picture.... sorta.... except for the fact it looks like a Subaru with an Escape front end.
exactly.

if i were to EVER get a station wagon, it would be this one... 430 hp supercharged Hemi...

Attachments

• dodge.magnum.concept.f34.500.jpg
    dodge.magnum.concept.f34.500.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 276

here's another...

Attachments

• dodge.magnum.concept.r34.500.jpg
    dodge.magnum.concept.r34.500.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 300

HMM.......maybe Ford should hire someone that can put gas in their project vehicles without spilling it all over the place.:D

Robb

Wow, Ford just built an Outback:rolleyes:

Hmm..

In the real picture, it looks like a minivan...I wouldn't be caught dead driving it.

In the drawing, it looks very similar to those pieces of automobile crap they call the Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe...I'm not digging it.

But that's my opinion...which means absolutely nothing.

Send it to the scrap heap.

You won't see me buying a new Ford anything.........except maybe a Mustang.

I don't like the lines or shape. I do like to see CVT's being used in production cars. They need a few more years to work them out though.

Originally posted by Black Magic
F dodge
LOL, don't anybody take offense to Blacks post on here for like a few more hours he's pretty smashed and is in a tough situation right now thats for sure, hang in there bro.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back