• Register Today It's free!

0-60 Times

302Xplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond,Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
I've tried searching this topic, but they all seem to pretain to post mod 0-60 times. Does anyone know what the Ford factory specified 0-60 time is for a 2000 AWD V8?

Thanks in advance,

X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About 8-9 secs for the V8s, the times for SOHC V6s is measured in minutes:)

off-road97Xplor said:
I like my SOHC :( Atleast its better than an OHV.....
Just Joshin, 97, in a semi pumped form, the SOHC will do very well against any 4.6 V8,some of the time better :D

Spindle, The 5.0 explorers will do 0-60 in mid/high 9 and the SOHC in my GF 02 sport would beat mine stock. They're pretty quick. Plus add one of my pantented resistor chips and electric superchargers.

ChopinOn22s said:
Spindle, The 5.0 explorers will do 0-60 in mid/high 9 and the SOHC in my GF 02 sport would beat mine stock. They're pretty quick. Plus add one of my pantented resistor chips and electric superchargers.
Do you take paypal Chopin :D

Spindle- haha i know i love my SOHC
Chopin- uhhhhhhhh ohhhhhh lets not get into the resistor chips. :p

hahahahaha this is quoted from chopin about electric s/c's "I've seen them and never heard/seen/read anything positive about them. Due to the explorer weight, It wouldn't be a good choice."

hmmmmmmm..........sorta makes all of us X guys wanna buy one huh?

My brothers v6 was faster to sixty then I slowly passed him. I wouldnt dog the v6's. They just cant tow the big stuff very well. just my .02

plrs x45 said:
My brothers v6 was faster to sixty then I slowly passed him. I wouldnt dog the v6's. They just cant tow the big stuff very well. just my .02
Being that I to date am the only SOHC owner that has posted some dyno numbers that come close to V8 numbers (Crank) am here to tell you, you can get a 7.8, 0 to sixty with the V6 SOHC engine, 5 runs, same mile markers, same day, same hour ,using a G-Tech pro, average of 5 runs, some were less, some were more :D
And I did do a search, found no dyno graphs posted for my application

How about a VC2000 record of my stock AWD 98 Mountaineer? My 2nd run was 0-60 in 9.38 seconds, in 497 feet. That is slower than I had hoped for, as was the 60 foot time(2.78 seconds). These vehicles have great launches(15 feet in 1.32 seconds), but the weight is a huge disadvantage after that. The quarter mile was 17.19 at 81.5 MPH, actually better than my first test.
The peak G's was .687 at 1 foot, and 3.6 MPH.
Good luck,
DonW

This link from the useful threads forum has this info on 0-60 for 2000s.

0-60 Acceleration
4.0L OHV V6 10.5 sec
4.0L SOHC V6 8.1 sec
5.0L V8 8.8 sec

Go SOHC! :)

NYC97XLT said:
0-60 Acceleration
4.0L OHV V6 10.5 sec
4.0L SOHC V6 8.1 sec
5.0L V8 8.8 sec
Same reason I bought the V-6 back in '97. Plus the fact I wasn't planning on adding any speed mods under the hood. But... this site changes everything.

NYC97XLT said:
This link from the useful threads forum has this info on 0-60 for 2000s.

0-60 Acceleration
4.0L OHV V6 10.5 sec
4.0L SOHC V6 8.1 sec
5.0L V8 8.8 sec

Go SOHC! :)

That's exactly what I needed, thanks again!

X

how can a V6 be faster than a V8?!?!?!?!?! i burn V6's any day of the week.... even mustangs V6 LoL
i love my V8.....

and my engine is stock

my 2000 5.0 on spray has a 0-60 time around 6.3 :)

FexplorerV8 said:
how can a V6 be faster than a V8?!?!?!?!?! i burn V6's any day of the week.... even mustangs V6 LoL
i love my V8.....

and my engine is stock
Weight. The SOHC shouldn't even be in consideration if you're planning on engine mods. 5.0!

FexplorerV8 said:
i love my V8.....
and my engine is stock
Cylinders mean very little. There are 3 cylinders that would smoke you. A SOHC isn't all that far behind in the #'s. A SOHC in a 2wd sport will beat the 4 door AWD V8. A 4door SOHC won't beat the same 4 door. Except maybe to the transmission shop. But, then the V8 beats the SOHC to the gas pumps, everytime :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

boominXplorer said:
my 2000 5.0 on spray has a 0-60 time around 6.3 :)

I've cranked out a 6.2 (38 degrees outside) at commerce earlier this month. Waitin for the tax returns though.. ;)

Back