Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

01 ST 4x4 switch and lights not working

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by davidtown23, June 29, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. davidtown23

davidtown23 New Member

City, State:
      Elwood, Indiana
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      01 Sport Trac 4x4
      I was swapping out the CD/ Radio head unit tonight and when I got done I noticed my 4x4 switch doesn't light up now. I drove around and tried to see if the 4x4 would work but no luck. I made sure all wires were plugged into all buttons and switches while installing new radio. What could have happened. I know that the switch worked last friday when I checked everything out on the truck. Is there something I need to reset?

thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. ncranchero

ncranchero Co-moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Denver,NC
      '94 F150 4x4 SWB 4.9L
      Nothing. Double check your connection. Check the fuses to make sure you didn't pop one.

4. davidtown23

davidtown23 New Member

City, State:
      Elwood, Indiana
      01 Sport Trac 4x4
      checked connections and fuses last night, everything looked good. Drove it to work this morning and the selector lights still not working but it did engage the 4 high and 4 low and dash indicator lights worked. I guess I can live with the selector lights not working.

The Pioneer 6 disc head unit sounds much better than the one I pulled out. The salvage yard had a sticker on the unit stating CD not working. I figured the cd trays were just off track so I opened the unit and my assumption was correct. There was a cd stuck in the unit and the trays were off track. Now the unit is fixed and works like it should.

5. ncranchero

ncranchero Co-moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Denver,NC
      '94 F150 4x4 SWB 4.9L
      The only light in the actual selector switch is the illumination lamp. I guess I misunderstood the issue initially.