01 ST 4x4 switch and lights not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 ST 4x4 switch and lights not working

davidtown23

Reaction score
City, State
Elwood, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac 4x4
I was swapping out the CD/ Radio head unit tonight and when I got done I noticed my 4x4 switch doesn't light up now. I drove around and tried to see if the 4x4 would work but no luck. I made sure all wires were plugged into all buttons and switches while installing new radio. What could have happened. I know that the switch worked last friday when I checked everything out on the truck. Is there something I need to reset?

thanks

Nothing. Double check your connection. Check the fuses to make sure you didn't pop one.

checked connections and fuses last night, everything looked good. Drove it to work this morning and the selector lights still not working but it did engage the 4 high and 4 low and dash indicator lights worked. I guess I can live with the selector lights not working.

The Pioneer 6 disc head unit sounds much better than the one I pulled out. The salvage yard had a sticker on the unit stating CD not working. I figured the cd trays were just off track so I opened the unit and my assumption was correct. There was a cd stuck in the unit and the trays were off track. Now the unit is fixed and works like it should.

The only light in the actual selector switch is the illumination lamp. I guess I misunderstood the issue initially.

Back