Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

01 XLT 4.0 swap from 91 lincoln 4.6

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Captain Doofy, July 2, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Captain Doofy

Captain Doofy New Member

City, State:
      Chandler, AZ
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      01' XLT
      So my sister has a 91' Lincoln Town Car with the 4.6l V8, and her tranny is slipping, and a couple other non-engine related mechanical problems. I was Wondering if its possible to drop the 4.6 from the LTC into my X. 2001 XLT 4.0 4x4. We will only get around 5-600 for the car in its current condition. The way i see it, why waste a beautiful V8? All I would like to know is if its possible, and what it would take to do such a swap? Any help whatsoever is appreciated!
      Thanks!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.