Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

02 explorer column / anti theft help needed

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by rob_kelly09, June 27, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. rob_kelly09

rob_kelly09 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2002 Explorer Eb
      Need some advice,

Recently picked up a 02 explorer eb edition. Needs some body work but nothing too bad. reason i picked up is i had a stock 02 that basically got totaled so i have alot of spare parts.

well the person i bought it off of said they replaced the column in it and drove for a year then it locked up. Well apparently it not only locked up they killed the ignition and the pats sensor and what not so it needs a whole new column.

if i swap the one out of my parts truck what else do i have to swap over to make it run due to having anti theft installed on both. i only have one key to both cars and the one with the broken column isn't even the original key so im not sure how she got it to drive with out re programming the car to recognize the other key.

so will it be easier and cheaper to swap all the parts over or just put the column in and call a lock smith to reprogram the computer to recognize the key?? please let me know thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.