02 Extra fog light spot? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I really want to put two more Fog lights on my truck being there is a place for them on the plastic closest to the ground. it is like a 5 x 2 in space and i wanted to know how i could wire them to my other fog lights, therefor only using one switch.
Thanks

P.S. why are they even there if Fod doesnt sell their cars with the lights anyway? it would be simpler then...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pix of your front bumper area?

once i get home i will take a picture, it is the spot beneath the original Fog lights. 5x2inch space as if it was supposed to be there. and i want to tap into the fog lights that are already there does anyone know how to
???
Thanks

(dead link)

Last edited by a moderator:

These are the BEST fog lights for their size that I have ever used ; http://www.foglights.com/msx.html.
I have never delt with this seller so I know nothing about him.
There are also Hella fogs in this size but they are not near anywhere as good. (Optilux)
The kit comes with a relay that you would need to use and your present fog lights could be used to light these lights.
You would use the fog light + light wire to activate the relay to power the new fogs. When you get your new lights and see the directions we can answer your questions as to how to do it.

You will be amazed by the amount of light the Catz fog lights put out. They are the best IMO.

Last edited:

wow... not to cheap... being they will be my second fog lights, i dont think my budget is that high lol i just really need to know how to wire new ones to my original ones :/ i am ready to spend money on the lights, just not having them put in and all the kits ive seen have remotes and kits to wire them as if i dont have other fog lights. the wire is really close by if i were to wire the new ones to the old, but i just need some guidence how, and i cant seem to get pictures on this forum! i tried a lot too lol
ill try to put more on, so that i can show you guys what im looking for.
thanks for the advice though :)

Okay i still nee help on how to connect the wires from my Fog lights to my new ones that will be placed in the extra spot for lights. does anyone know how to do this???

Okay i still nee help on how to connect the wires from my Fog lights to my new ones that will be placed in the extra spot for lights. does anyone know how to do this???

I recommend using new wiring, switch, and relay. The existing wiring & components for the existing fogs are most likely not rated for the additional load from the second set of lights.

Check out this mishap from adding lights to the existing fogs: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293166

Here is a diagram for wiring up the lights safely:

AuxLampWiring.gif

Hope this helps out!

Last edited:

hey thanks for the advice i put them on and it looks sick! i kept it on its own button just because i didnt want to screw with the factory ones! thanks!

i found out the holes are there for loops... to be hooked onto for towing im pretty sure BTW

hey thanks for the advice i put them on and it looks sick! i kept it on its own button just because i didnt want to screw with the factory ones! thanks!

i found out the holes are there for loops... to be hooked onto for towing im pretty sure BTW

Would love to see some pics!! I am interested in mounting lights in the same spot if I don't get tow hooks.

.........:popcorn:

explorer.jpg

New rectangle fogs are on the bottom and are angled a bit upward. my roof rack says XPLODR :D it is painted black with green lettering during the daytime, and they are solar powered LEDs. green LEDs in the grills, and green overlay on original fogs make the road green too :p
my truck transforms once its night time!!! and i have accent lights in both back rows of seats! also solar powered LEDs

Last edited:

Explorer2.jpg

Side lights on both sides green LEDs light up the sides of the road when i drive lol

Last edited:

Back