02 Mounty loud snap sound in front end when turning | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 Mounty loud snap sound in front end when turning

I have the same issue too with a clanking/ popping sound when I turn out from a parking spot, make a u-turn, and backing up into/out of a parking spot while turning. Sounds and feels like its coming from the left side under my foot.
Truck feels like its binding on something and I have to get on the gas to keep it moving backwards. Its been like this for about a year now......

Well i fixed the problem, drivers side bearing was completely toast, passenger side was ready to go. had both hub assemblys replaced, sounds and drives fine now. Dont use wheel spacers folks, had to learn the hard way

mine is was klinging and ####ing a lot when i go to parking lot or even when i reverse, the solution was to make an : brown wire mod. so this way you can choose from 4x4 to 2x4 when you want, that's not the ####"/$%$ computer 'awd' who do this, but only you, it'works well but be sure to buy original bosh relay to do this because other relays are really a piece of ****.

This is an old thread, wondering if I can bring it back to life. I have this same exact issue, a very loud click or snap noise from the front end when making low speed sharp turns, like in a parking lot. There was a lot of talk in this thread about the front diff, but I have a 2WD, so obviously that is out. I have about 130k miles. Thanks!

Back