Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

02 XLS Lowering for performance, not looks.

Discussion in 'Seriously Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tec' started by RyanB, July 16, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. RyanB

RyanB New Member

City, State:
      Franklin Grove, Illinois
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '02 XLS
      I have the stock struts on my explorer that need replaced and one broken coil spring. I'm thinking about getting some drop springs along with some new struts. I've read about the Ground Force, Belltech and Eibach springs. Do any offer better performance and ride quality over the others?

Also, what struts would you recommend to go with the springs? The truck will be on stock wheels. Id like a good ride that can handle corners without too much roll.

Belltech's kit is 2/2.5" drop. Would that be too much? My explorer is 2wd. So that kit would work but I pull a trailer and don't want it to be too low with the trailer attached. Any opinions on that concern?

Ground Force seems ok but I hate that the rear will still be higher than the front. But like I said the main objective is handling, not looks.

So, to the guys with these kits, how does your explorer handle with the stock wheels? I'm not expecting my explorer to handle like a corvette but id like it to feel planted in corners.

Thanks

Last edited: July 16, 2011
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.