Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

03 explorers

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by Timmy, October 7, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Timmy

Timmy Active Member

City, State:
      Downriver, MI
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2002 XLS
      hey

i went and checked out the 03 explorers at the dealer today. hmm, i don't like them in my opinion, well at least the basic xls version. the hatch cover , that little piece over the handle to open the hatch, is back to the color of the bumpers that ugly textured blackish/grey (yes the bumpers are darker than what they used to be)

the limiteds on the other hand are nice!!! kinda the same with a new grille (kinda like the old but chrome look) and they also have new and nicer chrome rims on them. the heated seats and mirrors ect. its got a lot of sh*t on it!

anyone else checked out the 03's yett?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 03ExplorerSPT

03ExplorerSPT Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Quincy, IL
      2003 Sport XLT Premium
      I haven't seen the '03s yet. I plan on getting an XLS in a few years. I see that you have a '02 XLS. Can you tell me exactly whats different between the two years on the XLS model?

4. Timmy

Timmy Active Member

City, State:
      Downriver, MI
      2002 XLS
      nothing really much except for the darker bumpers and the hatch cover like the bumper and not the color of the car. the interior is pretty much the same ,everything is pretty muchthe same juss slight changes, the 02's are better IMO though. if you want a newer one, definitly go with the limited

5. kkreit01

kkreit01 Active Member

City, State:
      Olathe, KS
      '08 Sport Trac V8 2wd XLT
      Has anyone seen a '03 NBX yet? I haven't in person, but I noticed it on Ford's website. It's supposed to be off-road oriented. It has an available off-road package, and comes std with a Yakima rack system. It looks pretty nice in the pics. I love to get a new Limited, or better yet, the 302 HP Aviator!! That thing should haul pretty good -- unless it's much heavier than the Explorers...

6. 03ExplorerSPT

03ExplorerSPT Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Quincy, IL
      2003 Sport XLT Premium
      LOL!! Like that would ever happen. My mother is only paying for so much of the new truck when I get it. The rest I have to pay for. I would love Limited but it cost just way to much.