1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

03 trying to kick in to 4x4?

Discussion in 'Elite Explorer 911!' started by TWS, December 13, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. TWS

TWS New Member

City, State:
      Marshall Michigan
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      03 Limited
      My 03 Limited V8 keeps trying to grab traction while driving in auto mode. Turn knob to 4x4 high it stops. Dealer says that I didn't rotate tires (which is right) and the sensors think I am losing traction. Says a knew set of tires would take care of it. He gave me front and rear measurements in 32nd's, ended up about a half inch differents (48,000 miles). Does this make sense to anyone? Tires will be about $550, hate to buy and not take care of problem.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Skibug

Skibug Active Member

City, State:
      Pensacola, FL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      96 Sport 4x4
      If your tires are not the same size, it will try and kick the AWD system in. A half inch could be enough to cause this. You need to rotate your tires as needed for this not to happen. If you go 48,000 miles and don't rotate your tires, you will wear them unevenly. Just as they tell you, you need new tires to fix the problem.