Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

04 Explorer doesn't start.

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by tbroady2002, May 18, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. tbroady2002

tbroady2002 New Member

City, State:
    sacramento ca
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    04 explorer
    ok '04 explorer has no crank, no fuel problem. I checked the starting system it all checks out from key to starter except the relay is not recieving a ground from the pcm. When I jumper the wire to a ground at the pcm (with the connector disconnected) it will crank but not start (maybe because the connector was unpluged)

When i jumper the starter solinoid (with a remote starter switch) it will crank over but not start. When i spray starter fluid in the intake it will start. I havent climbed under the truck to test for power at the pump because i thought it may be related to the ground prob
    PCM-maybe
    or
    PATSII

thx for your time

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 2002-2005 section. Do you have a spare PATS key?

4. muzzymaniac

muzzymaniac Active Member

City, State:
    Kent, NY
    04 Explorer XLT 4.0L
    What does the red light on top of the dash do when you try to start it?

We Support Our Troops!