04 Explorer false alarm. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 Explorer false alarm.

juancho696

Reaction score
City, State
detroit michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
hi every one im a two way radio tech but love electronics alarms .remote starters , car audio. etc. i have a problem with a 2004 explorer , i installed an alarm & r.s. when time out timer. 10 min. on r.s aftermrkt alarm goes off, other than that works just fine any advise willl be apreciated

thanks juan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you add the security bypass for the remote start?
There is a second module required - responsible for making the truck think there is a key in the ignition even though there isn't.

Did you add the security bypass for the remote start?
There is a second module required - responsible for making the truck think there is a key in the ignition even though there isn't.

The truck wouldn't start in the first place, with out the bypass..

hi every one im a two way radio tech but love electronics alarms .remote starters , car audio. etc. i have a problem with a 2004 explorer , i installed an alarm & r.s. when time out timer. 10 min. on r.s aftermrkt alarm goes off, other than that works just fine any advise willl be apreciated

thanks juan

Is this this a combo RS and alarm, or a stand alone add on RS? What brand/model(s)?

What are the door/trunk/hood trigger inputs tied in to? Does the alarm have a shock sensor?

Is there an option to disable arming the alarm if the ignition is on, so it will just lock/unlock the doors?

its a black widow bw 6150 combo, alarm works fine when r.s. off,car its not mine, my brothr low, says .thee car dome light comes on ,when he remove tthe key from the ignition.thats normal , probably the alarm thinks that the dooor its been opened after r.s shutts down,door trigger wired to black lt blue, i tested 2 wires,tried only 1,found false alarm, added a relay to avoid fase alarm, worked fine,lock, unlock,arm, disarm, its programed active arming,no option for disable arming when ignition on, i havent seen the failure yet,but is programed without bad zone report, i think i have to wire all door trigers and diode isolated, i just wired like other explorers i ve done no problem

Does the domelight come on when the RS times out? If so, that's your problem. Did you wire anything to the key sense wire?

If you didn't do anything with the keysense wire, you may have to use the actual door ajar switches.

Back