Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

04 Explorer false alarm.

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by juancho696, January 28, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. juancho696

juancho696 New Member

City, State:
    detroit michigan
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    hi every one im a two way radio tech but love electronics alarms .remote starters , car audio. etc. i have a problem with a 2004 explorer , i installed an alarm & r.s. when time out timer. 10 min. on r.s aftermrkt alarm goes off, other than that works just fine any advise willl be apreciated

thanks juan

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread to the stock 2002-2005 section. Check WWW.The12Volt.Com for schematics.

4. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Orlando, FL
    04 XLT 4x4
    Did you add the security bypass for the remote start?
    There is a second module required - responsible for making the truck think there is a key in the ignition even though there isn't.

5. gnzth01

gnzth01 New Member

City, State:
    North Mankato, MN
    '04 XLT 4x4
    The truck wouldn't start in the first place, with out the bypass..

6. gnzth01

gnzth01 New Member

City, State:
    North Mankato, MN
    '04 XLT 4x4
    Is this this a combo RS and alarm, or a stand alone add on RS? What brand/model(s)?

What are the door/trunk/hood trigger inputs tied in to? Does the alarm have a shock sensor?

Is there an option to disable arming the alarm if the ignition is on, so it will just lock/unlock the doors?

7. juancho696

juancho696 New Member

City, State:
    detroit michigan
    its a black widow bw 6150 combo, alarm works fine when r.s. off,car its not mine, my brothr low, says .thee car dome light comes on ,when he remove tthe key from the ignition.thats normal , probably the alarm thinks that the dooor its been opened after r.s shutts down,door trigger wired to black lt blue, i tested 2 wires,tried only 1,found false alarm, added a relay to avoid fase alarm, worked fine,lock, unlock,arm, disarm, its programed active arming,no option for disable arming when ignition on, i havent seen the failure yet,but is programed without bad zone report, i think i have to wire all door trigers and diode isolated, i just wired like other explorers i ve done no problem

8. gnzth01

gnzth01 New Member

City, State:
    North Mankato, MN
    '04 XLT 4x4
    Does the domelight come on when the RS times out? If so, that's your problem. Did you wire anything to the key sense wire?

If you didn't do anything with the keysense wire, you may have to use the actual door ajar switches.

We Support Our Troops!