Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

04 Explorer NBX actuator, air door or drain?

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by RobinAnn, October 25, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. RobinAnn

RobinAnn New Member

City, State:
      Mooresville NC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2004 Ford Explorer NBX
      Hello all! Ive read a ton of posts and am now thoroughly confused, I’m hoping somebody can help me.
      I have recently inherited my mothers beloved 2004 Ford Explorer NBX...with an a/c issue. During the summer the only way to get interior cold is to be on Max AC at level four. It seems as though most of the air comes through the defrost vents at the windshield.(although it doesn’t feel as strong as i think it should) Very Little Air can be felt blowing through the other vents. I have noticed it is wet under the passenger mat and at times condensation can be seen on the vents under the radio.

Now that it’s cold I have switched to Heat and although the hot air blows I have the same problem with vents. ( some strange noises can be heard behind the dash)

I’m assuming because I can switch from hot to cold it is not the blend door. I have looked at the actuators by the glove box and the arms move and do seem to be attached.

Im not sure what to check next....I’m hoping someone can point my in the right direction.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. shucker1

shucker1 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Metairie, Louisiana
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 XLT 5.0
      The actuator arm by the glove box should be for the fresh air intake or for recirculated air when the system is set on Max A\C.

There my be the actual floor register windshield register diverter control valve somewhere in the middle of the dash behind the center console.