Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

04 Explorer remote entry.

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by DirtySanchito, July 8, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. DirtySanchito

DirtySanchito New Member

City, State:
      San Diego, California
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '04 Ford Explorer
      When I bought my '04 Explorer about a month ago, it didnt come with a keyless entry remote. so i went to a website and bought one. it came with instructions on how to program it but it didnt work. i even went and bought a new battery for the remote, still nothing..any one know whats going on?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Worcester, MA
      2002 XLT V6 4x4
      Welcome aboard! :salute:

Did you follow the instructions in the owner's manual very carefully? Are you sure you have the correct remote? If you don't have an owner's manual, it can be downloaded here.

Assuming you have the correct remote, here are the instructions for programming it. I apologize for the size, but I wanted you to be able to read it:

[​IMG]

Hope this helps out! :D:thumbsup:

4. Aussie Exp

Aussie Exp New Member

City, State:
      Sunshine Coast
      2002 XLT 4.6
      edit

Last edited: August 26, 2011
    5. Aussie Exp

Aussie Exp New Member

City, State:
      Sunshine Coast
      2002 XLT 4.6
      is starting from the on pos, to off to on 1 cycle or is, on to off 1 cycle ? in other words is 8 cycles 8 turns of the key or 16?

It says that the car must be electronically unlocked, does this mean the car needed to be unlocked by the remote the last time it was used ? , the reason I bought a new remote is because my remote would lock but not unlock I had to start unlocking the car with the key,
      I am not taking it to ford , No, No , No, they will probably give me a bill for $700 or more ...........

Edit; the above instructions differ from my manual , mine says turn fron lock 1 to on 3 and then cycle 8 times between lock 1 and on 3 finishing in the on pos , no mention of acc 2 in my owners manual

Last edited: August 26, 2011
    6. 2Trux

2Trux Active Member

City, State:
      Albuquerque, NM
      2005 Limited V8 4X4
      My book says to go from 1 to 2 and it doesn't work, you have to cycle from 1 to 3.