• Register Today It's free!

04 Explorer remote entry.

DirtySanchito

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Ford Explorer
When I bought my '04 Explorer about a month ago, it didnt come with a keyless entry remote. so i went to a website and bought one. it came with instructions on how to program it but it didnt work. i even went and bought a new battery for the remote, still nothing..any one know whats going on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard! :salute:

Did you follow the instructions in the owner's manual very carefully? Are you sure you have the correct remote? If you don't have an owner's manual, Dead Link Removed.

Assuming you have the correct remote, here are the instructions for programming it. I apologize for the size, but I wanted you to be able to read it:

Dead Link Removed

Hope this helps out! :D:thumbsup:

is starting from the on pos, to off to on 1 cycle or is, on to off 1 cycle ? in other words is 8 cycles 8 turns of the key or 16?

It says that the car must be electronically unlocked, does this mean the car needed to be unlocked by the remote the last time it was used ? , the reason I bought a new remote is because my remote would lock but not unlock I had to start unlocking the car with the key,
I am not taking it to ford , No, No , No, they will probably give me a bill for $700 or more ...........

Edit; the above instructions differ from my manual , mine says turn fron lock 1 to on 3 and then cycle 8 times between lock 1 and on 3 finishing in the on pos , no mention of acc 2 in my owners manual

My book says to go from 1 to 2 and it doesn't work, you have to cycle from 1 to 3.

Back