'04 Explorer XLT Lift Question's | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'04 Explorer XLT Lift Question's

Hold the phone sypher. N.Gardner (the red explorer above) runs a 285/75/16 which is a 32.8" tire with just the btf spacers, 2.25 front 1.75 rear. A 265/70/18 is a 32.6" tire, therefore, you will be able to run a 265/70/18 mud grappler if they are sold in that size. Again, just make sure the offset of your 18" rim is 0 or lower

Not a big deal, but in every instance in this thread youve managed to add a non existent "r" into my username lol. I normally wouldn't have said anything but now others are doing it too :hammer: lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I noticed that too but I thought it was an inside joke I was missing out on or something :bsnicker:

Not a big deal, but in every instance in this thread youve managed to add a non existent "r" into my username lol. I normally wouldn't have said anything but now others are doing it too :hammer: lol

Hold off a little longer and you can easily run 33s with no body lift

Hold the phone sypher. N.Gardner (the red explorer above) runs a 285/75/16 which is a 32.8" tire with just the btf spacers, 2.25 front 1.75 rear. A 265/70/18 is a 32.6" tire, therefore, you will be able to run a 265/70/18 mud grappler if they are sold in that size. Again, just make sure the offset of your 18" rim is 0 or lower

Yeah but my friend says Nitto Mudgrappler's are wider in some sort.. and I really dont care about rubbing, I'll just cut the hell outta my fan shroud. And no they don't sell 265/70 mudgrapplers, atleast not here the smallest they have is 285/70. And when I get them put on I'll make sure to get the offset at 0 to -6.

And hahaha I never really noticed how to spell your name and lol if I started a trend Krazer :rolleyes:

Yes, we are. I am still working some of the details out but we almost have it going. The 6" is the problem child but I think I can get it to work. I want these to be a No permanent modification type kit. Completely bolt-on.

Duner,
could you tell me when in the future this suspension lift is going to be available? And how much it would cost for one?

Thanks

Very possibly next month.
I dont have the costs yet but they are looking like around $2200-2800 for all of the drop brackets for the front and rear and front and rear custom chromoly round tube upper control arms. The only things you will need will be OEM ball joints and bushings for the control arms and a few standard bolts.
The development of these has been a long and hard process but we about have them ready.

with 3 inch spacers you would be going through ball joints and CV joints very fast.
and heres a pic to of a 3 inch spacer and what can happen to your truck
DSCN2857.jpg

offset is where your rims sit in relation to your rotors and fenders. if you look at the previous pictures of my truck, do you see how far my rims stick out? my offset is -6. your stock rims are +44. the lower the offset the further the rims stick out from the truck. when buying your 18's i'd reccommend getting anywhere from 0 to -6 offset so you have more clearence between your tire and steering knuckle

AHHHHH That sucks! :eek:

Very possibly next month.
I dont have the costs yet but they are looking like around $2200-2800 for all of the drop brackets for the front and rear and front and rear custom chromoly round tube upper control arms and bolts. The only things you will need will be OEM ball joints and bushings for the control arms.
The development of these has been a long and hard process but we about have them ready.

Dang that's alot of money for me, this suspension lift sounds like it's for more serious Explorer fans that actually go offroading with them. The thing is, I have 3 options, I can get the BTF strut spacer lift for my expo and fit the biggest tires I can on it, or I can just trade it in and get a 2004 Z71 Tahoe with 35's.

(BTF Strut spacers < Tahoe > Suspension Lift)

That's pretty much my 3 decision's, I have to make 1 of them soon!

Hold the phone sypher. N.Gardner (the red explorer above) runs a 285/75/16 which is a 32.8" tire with just the btf spacers, 2.25 front 1.75 rear. A 265/70/18 is a 32.6" tire, therefore, you will be able to run a 265/70/18 mud grappler if they are sold in that size.

If that Red 2002 Explorer has the spacers on it and fit's 32.8"s, Do you think 33's mudgrappler's would be possible to tuck under my explorer(with alot of triming)? And again, I'm not going to be offroading with my explorer, It's all just for looks.

Honestly. If I had that option id take the tahoe. V8 plus it probably has a better gear ratio and a solid axle. a 33x12.50 is an extra inch wide so yeah you might be able to trim a lot for those to fit

Sorry guys, I let you all down. I wanted to fit 33" Nitto mudgrapplers on my Expo without a lift. Did my research and it seemed like it wouldn't fit.

So I ended up getting a 2004 z71 Tahoe with 33" BFG A/Ts, True Dual Straights, Superchip programmer, KNR cool air intake, and all captain seats.
mail

I still got my explorer, but not for long, I'm selling it, so I won't be an explorer member anymore :( Thanks for all the help "Krazer" and Ronin and anyone else that I forgot to mention, all guys were a big help too me and I apperciate it.

i have a 2004 ford explorer 4x4. i already have the BTF 3" in kit along w the BTF upper control arms. I'm looking to lift it a little higher. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I currently have 33' in nitto trail grapplers & 20" in Fuel lethal wheels.
Ho do upload pictures to show you?

i have a 2004 ford explorer 4x4. i already have the BTF 3" in kit along w the BTF upper control arms. I'm looking to lift it a little higher. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I currently have 33' in nitto trail grapplers & 20" in Fuel lethal wheels.
Ho do upload pictures to show you?

without some kind of major suspension mods you are pretty much looking at either a 1.5" or 3" body lift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 04 explorer with the running boards. I just want to get a simple 2 to 3 inch lift. What's my easiest option? Thanks

Back