04+ F150 A/C Woes- Owners Check In | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04+ F150 A/C Woes- Owners Check In

MountaineerGreen

Towing Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
North East Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 F150 4x4
I know many here drive F150's these days and as summer time temperatures have reached unreasonably high numbers, I have found my A/C to be lacking. I have found several threads on Ford truck forums *****ing about it, but nobody has any solutions- just take to to the dealer and complain.

Soooo, I added freon to the maximum I was comfortable with using a gauge set, got it to moderate cooling, never approaching coldness. Nothing at all like the Mounty. I recaptured a portion of the freon, but it only got worse at lower pressures. I am thinking of using some of that "artic freeze" synthetic freon, they claim it gets colder faster- as all synthetics do everything waaay better.

Thoughts? Opinions? Solutions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I stuck a thermometer in my vents- 100* outside 40* vents. Some would argue that is good, but that is at best with max A/C and max fan. Anything less that max is 60+ degrees.

I'd like to be able to turn the fan off max every once in a while..........

Mine seems fine.:dunno: I'll report back after the weekend, it's spose to be pretty hot this weekend here;)

My dad's 06 150 had some issues with the AC maybe 6mo after it was new. Ford fixed it under warranty and as far as I know it's still working well.

Back