Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

04+ F150 A/C Woes- Owners Check In

Discussion in 'All Other Makes and Models' started by MountaineerGreen, June 26, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. MountaineerGreen

MountaineerGreen Towing Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    North East Arkansas
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2012 F150 4x4
    I know many here drive F150's these days and as summer time temperatures have reached unreasonably high numbers, I have found my A/C to be lacking. I have found several threads on Ford truck forums bitching about it, but nobody has any solutions- just take to to the dealer and complain.

Soooo, I added freon to the maximum I was comfortable with using a gauge set, got it to moderate cooling, never approaching coldness. Nothing at all like the Mounty. I recaptured a portion of the freon, but it only got worse at lower pressures. I am thinking of using some of that "artic freeze" synthetic freon, they claim it gets colder faster- as all synthetics do everything waaay better.

Thoughts? Opinions? Solutions?

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. dman726749

dman726749 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Greenwood Indiana
    96 xlt
    my 06 f150 also is not so great at the ac...its gets cool, but never really cold like i want...the old sploder would blow ice cubes

4. MountaineerGreen

MountaineerGreen Towing Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    North East Arkansas
    2012 F150 4x4
    I stuck a thermometer in my vents- 100* outside 40* vents. Some would argue that is good, but that is at best with max A/C and max fan. Anything less that max is 60+ degrees.

I'd like to be able to turn the fan off max every once in a while..........

5. Stic-o

Stic-o Elite Movie Star Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Lake View Terrace, CA
    '91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
    Mine seems fine.:dunno: I'll report back after the weekend, it's spose to be pretty hot this weekend here;)

6. kert0307

kert0307 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Pella, Iowa
    '00 Sport and '89 B2
    My dad's 06 150 had some issues with the AC maybe 6mo after it was new. Ford fixed it under warranty and as far as I know it's still working well.