Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

04 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition clock spring

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Broziol, September 14, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Broziol

Broziol New Member

City, State:
      Omaha, Nebraska
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      04 Ford Explorer EBE
      I have a question regarding my 04 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. My steering wheel controls for my music and HVAC system have been acting up for a little while. I learned to deal with it, that is until my cruise control stopped working. My airbag light is not flashing. I did my clock spring on my old Nissan titan a couple times so I am pretty familiar with The process of swapping this part out. It looks like it will be easier to do on the Ford explorer. The only issue I am having is finding the right part for my vehicle. So here’s my question.Because the Eddie Bauer edition has so many buttons on the steering wheel, is the clock spring that I need different than say a Ford Explorer of the same year with no steering wheel controls? I figure all of those wires from the steering wheel controls have to plug into somewhere. The ones I have seen online only have one or two plug-ins. I am just confused on what clock spring to buy. Because this part is an expensive one, I do not want to buy the wrong one . Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

-Nick

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.