06 Explorer 4.0 xlt Heating Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 Explorer 4.0 xlt Heating Problem

will olive

Reaction score
City, State
Bellville NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explore 4.0 xlt
I have a 06 explorer 4.0 v6 in the morning i leave my car to warm up and when i get in it, its blowing cold air. Once its warm, and im driving, it'll blow hot air for a bit and then dies out and blows cold air. When i turn off the blower and turn it back on it does the same thing (blows out hot air for a bit and then gets cold). PLEASSSEEE HEELLLPP MEEEE!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably the blend door actuator. Do you hear a clicking sound when you change the temperature dial from hot to cold?

Low on coolant?

thank for replying guys, but i put coolant every morning (just takes a little bit) and it still the same issue. i even changed the temperture sensor switch and the heater/ac door actuator.
Can it be that the thermostat is staying open or the heater core ?

thank for replying guys, but i put coolant every morning (just takes a little bit) and it still the same issue. i even changed the temperture sensor switch and the heater/ac door actuator.
Can it be that the thermostat is staying open or the heater core ?

Are you adding coolant with the motor running and the radiator cap off. If not, try it and make sure you can see movement in the radiator once the thermostat opens up.

Also, have you added any leak stop to your radiator?

ok i will try that, and no i havent tried any leak stop because my radiator is 5 months old

If your radiator is only 5 months old, why are you always having to add water?

the thermostat houseing always has a little mess of antifreez so idk if its leaking threw the houseing gasket or the holes. but even though, i dont think it will cause my truck to blow out hot air then cold

Air bubble in the system or stuck open thermostat. If it's the second you're lucky. Mine stuck closed when it went. Housings are cheap. I would be changing that asap. I would throw in a new thermostat while I was in there.

Hopefully not a head gasket leak forcing air pockets into the cooling system.

thanks guys, i appreciate it.

Back