Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

06 explorer wont drive need advice

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by richard84, July 14, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. richard84

richard84 New Member

City, State:
      oklahoma
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      06 eddie bauer 4x4
      when car is driven the traction light and 4x4 light come on and the car grabs and pulls. i have checked the tone ring. i recently changed the front brakes and replaced the seal on the front differential a couple days/miles later this started any advice would be helpful it is an 06 explorer eddie baurer 4x4

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. steve6534

steve6534 Active Member

City, State:
      Southern NJ
      '06 EB V8
      I would check the wire going into the bearing / hub assembly since you just had things apart in that area. The abs sensor for the front is integrated into the hub in the front.

4. wingley

wingley New Member

City, State:
      kelowna, b.c.
      2002 xlt
      I would check the PCM. If in 4x4 on dry ground the wheels will grab. I had something like this happen on my 02 XLT and had to change the PCM. It worked until Icracked it up some 30k after. My 06 XLT goes into 4x4 without any interference

5. edwx

edwx Active Member

City, State:
      Jacksonville, FL
      2017 3.5L V6 Ti-VCT
      You changed the pinion seal on the front differential? I'm assuming that you put the yoke back on the pinion exactly where it came off. I changed the seal on mine also and I was very careful when I put the yoke back on. I'm not sure what would happen if I put it back on wrong, but just adding my .02.