Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

1 or 2" Body lift for '99-01 Ex's?

Discussion in 'Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits' started by becker69, September 21, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. becker69

becker69 Active Member

City, State:
      Centennial, CO
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      01 Sport Trac
      OK, I have searched this site and have not found a 1" or 2" Body Lift available for 99-01 Explorers... specifically but not limited to my variant; a Sport Trac. I have thought about doing a body lift, mostly just to get the body off the ground some more, not so much for tire clearance purposes (I have 32's now). And I won't be getting new tires for quite a while :( For those that wonder; ' if you're going to hassle it all, may as well do a 3" body lift' this is out of the question, since my wife does not want the truck too much taller... this coupled with the fact that I only want an inch or so of body clearance, leads me to search for a 1 or 2" although I have yet to find one. Any help offered would be appreciated.
      PS; I can fit 33x10.50's now and I am not planning on going bigger than that.

:chug:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. section525

section525 sextion525 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Red Bluff, Ca
      1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
      Douglas,
      The only thing you could do is a Ranger 2" PA body lift. No one makes kits specifically for the X.

4. becker69

becker69 Active Member

City, State:
      Centennial, CO
      01 Sport Trac
      I'll have to look at Ranger kits, Thank you. Does anyone know how different or hard it would be to put the PA Ranger B.L. on an Explorer. At least I have close to the same wheelbase as the supercab ones.

5. section525

City, State:
      Red Bluff, Ca
      1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
      Virtually everyone on this board who has a body lift used the PA Ranger kit. I'd say that you have at least 30+ experienced body lifters to get help from.

I put a 3" on my Explorer and it was pretty easy. There's a write up somewhere on this site about doing one on a '99, which may be closer to yours.

The guy to talk to would be trckmagik
      [​IMG]

6. becker69

becker69 Active Member

City, State:
      Centennial, CO
      01 Sport Trac
      Section 525, I didn't know that most the people used the Ranger one... I thought only a few had used it, until they came out with a seperate Explorer kit. There is a SPort Trac one by PA but it is 3" with no choices lower. Is Trkmagik the guy who rolled and totalled his Sport trac? I keep up with Aquaman, and a few others, so maybe he can give me ideas on how difficult it would be to do by myself.

7. section525

City, State:
      Red Bluff, Ca
      1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
      Yeah, everyone with 95+ Explorers uses the Ranger kit. And yup, Trkmagik was the guy who rolled his beautiful ST.

I don't know what the differences are between the Ranger and Sport Trac 3" kits, but I bet you trkmagik could tell you everything you need to know. I'm sure you could easily fab a 2" Ranger kit to work in your ST.

8. becker69

becker69 Active Member

City, State:
      Centennial, CO
      01 Sport Trac
      Thanks again for the info... I will see about getting in touch with trkmagik, if he still roams these boards, There is another Sport trac site that I can see if anyone has played with the idea.... starting to think that the hockey puck idea isn't so much of a bad idea.