• Register Today It's free!

11' Compact Lift-Up Seat by Bruno

MAPJim

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit---MAP employee
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT & 2011 XLT
We want to buy this vehicle but will not until FORD gets the wiring specs over to BRUNO http://www.bruno.com/tas-compact-lift-up-seat.html. BRUNO claims it is FORD that is behind on this time sensitive info so that the Disabled/Handicapped community can enjoy life out on the road.
I really need this soon so I can replace my 98. $6500.00 for a Lift-Chair is rediculous to this community. Do you think were all sitting on piles of money from disability cases? Insurance sure does not cover squat!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can see Ford not getting the information out to them yet. I'm not sure what manuals are out for it yet so they may be getting it all in order for publishing.

What kind of wiring specs does that accesory need? They probably just find 12 volts somewhere on an appropriate circuit to run it and away they go. I would think the mechanical specs would be much more of an issue with fit and security, etc.

I'm surprised the company doesn't just visit a lot or try to rent one and make their own measurements.

We want to buy this vehicle but will not until FORD gets the wiring specs over to BRUNO http://www.bruno.com/tas-compact-lift-up-seat.html. BRUNO claims it is FORD that is behind on this time sensitive info so that the Disabled/Handicapped community can enjoy life out on the road.
I really need this soon so I can replace my 98. $6500.00 for a Lift-Chair is rediculous to this community. Do you think were all sitting on piles of money from disability cases? Insurance sure does not cover squat!

That is a really nice system! Kudos to companies that make a real difference!

However, I know Ford has a division/department that handles/specializes in accessibility integration so have you contacted customer service? Ask to speak with a representative of that department.

Getting a wiring schematic should not be to difficult.

2011 Explorer ordered

Still waiting for our XLT S.Grey with grey interior cloth.....all are coming in with black interiors. Still no info or updates on the BRUNO chair........
Would love to have the 4cyl engine snuck into our truck...I won't tell if you drop one in mine. Hey Chicago Assembly hook me up!!!! "(Steve/Nick) MTP says how's it goin out there."

2011 Explorer

Just picked up my new XLT, yah!!! It's great, but does not have the BRUNO chair due to FORD ELECTRICAL. I guess the harness has not been completed. They say end of June, probably longer than that. They even said they were deciding wether to carry this option on this vehicle. (Disability services don't seem to be their #1 concern).:mad:

Just picked up my new XLT, yah!!! It's great, but does not have the BRUNO chair due to FORD ELECTRICAL. I guess the harness has not been completed. They say end of June, probably longer than that. They even said they were deciding wether to carry this option on this vehicle. (Disability services don't seem to be their #1 concern).:mad:

Again, make sure your talking to the right people/department.

Back