111,090 miles on a 2006 Eddie Bauer Edition, drain, fill differential. Conditioner Needed? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

111,090 miles on a 2006 Eddie Bauer Edition, drain, fill differential. Conditioner Needed?

Yorkjw

Reaction score
City, State
Wheaton IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Eddie Bauer
I bought it used as far as I know the fluid has never been changed out. Is it advisable to use a conditioner? Is a conditioner needed? What are the signs that a conditioner is needed? If advisable which one to use?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What exactly do you mean by conditioner? A limited slip additive?

I am going to be changing all of my drive line oils this summer, rear axle included. The owners manual calls for 75-140 Synthetic rear axle oil. I would put anything but that in myself.

If you have a limited slip, and the additive is not in the oil already, then yes add it.

But no 2006 and up explorers came with a limited slip, so no LSD additive is needed. I changed my rear for the first time last year at 135,000 miles with Valvoline 75/140 synthetic and will do the front and transfer case soon

Thanks Mike. I'll keep that in mind when I do it.

Back