Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

13 Mustang Rims on 2nd Gen?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by RandomNerd2000, June 10, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. RandomNerd2000

RandomNerd2000 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    South Carolina
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    00 5.0, 01 4.0.
    Found a set of Mustang 18s off a 2013 Mustang 5.0, curious if they'll fit 2nd gens, if so with what? I'm mostly interested because I've got two sets of 265/65R18s I want to do something with, and if they'd fit my 2000 reasonably well or with minimal investment then why not.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BruceExploder

BruceExploder Active Member

City, State:
    Edmond OK
    1999 Eddie Bauer
    Stock rim is a 235/15 or 255/16 depending on trim not sure if that would fit without a lift?

4. imp

imp Well-Known Member

59 Ranchero F250 D'Line
    @BruceExploder
    Were Explorer wheels still 5 on 4-1/2 by 2013? Or had they gone metric? I know F-series pickups went metric after 1996. Close, but no cigar. Nice if they have stayed the same. imp

5. Josh P

Josh P Shaggin Wagon Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Phoenix Az
    1991 aerostar
    Those wheels might look good on my van. The explorer and mustang are 5x4.5 (114.3) so the wheel will physically bolt on. How much wider is the mustang rim than the explorer?

6. SoHK_alumni

SoHK_alumni Active Member

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    5.0 V8 2002 Ranger
    The 'Stang rims have a very different offset than the oem Explorer ones, but nothing a decent set of hub centric spacers can't correct.

Just measure the back spacing of both rims, subtract the smaller from larger. Then subtract 1/2 the difference of rim widths.

That'll keep center line of the new rire/rim the same as old so the bearings won't take a beating and steering angles won't change.

• Like Like x 2