Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

14 XLT ACC - Only Max Cold or Max Warm

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by cms1094, April 7, 2018.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. cms1094

cms1094 New Member

City, State:
    Newnan GA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2014 Ford Explorer XLT
    I need help diag'ing this one.

In manual mode, the air either blows cold or hot. It is not blending. When I cycle through the temp range, it will not blend. When I hit hi heat on the thermo, i can hear the blend door actuate and max hot air flows. Then when I cycle slowly down through the thermostat, it remains on max heat. Then when I hit lo cold, the cold actuates and the air turns to max cold.

In Auto mode, nothing happens. Whatever the fan level or air temp it was in during manual mode it keeps in auto.

The rear climate control works completely including temperature blending. No issues there.

I have reset MFT, pulled the fuse for the climate control mod, and attempted to check the fuses (though that is a freakin pain under the dash).

What else is there to check or what could this be? I have searched for a few days and cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. cms1094

cms1094 New Member

City, State:
    Newnan GA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2014 Ford Explorer XLT
    On my old Explorer, I could run a self test by pressing a couple of buttons on the AC. I have searched alot but cannot find a similar self test for this system. Is there a self test?