US Navy Submariner
Reaction score
City, State
Bentonville, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer Sport - 4x4
Callsign
KG5SPB
Looking for a set of 15" rims for my Mercury Mountaineer to get away from what I already have. I'm very open to Custom and/or other Explorer, Mustang and Ranger rims. Something to change it up.

Similar or greater offset preferred. I have 31" tires on it now.

PM me what you have.

Thanks

I currently have these wheels currently but the finish on 2 of them has peeled off and the aluminum has discolored. If you have a partial set of these, I would be open to that.

index.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spud,

Maybe prep them and spray paint them (black? Dark blue to match body paint?.) Maybe leave the chrome center cap. That would change them up, and you mentioned that the finish was already shot. Very inexpensive to try. If you don’t like it, you could keep looking for something else.

Just an idea.

Spud,

Maybe prep them and spray paint them (black? Dark blue to match body paint?.) Maybe leave the chrome center cap. That would change them up, and you mentioned that the finish was already shot. Very inexpensive to try. If you don’t like it, you could keep looking for something else.

Just an idea.
That's badass! I have a 99 mountaineer 5.0 AWD. I've been tempted to paint my chrome cap rims flat black like that.

Spud,

Just an idea.
That's badass! I have a 99 mountaineer 5.0 AWD. I've been tempted to paint my chrome cap rims flat black like that.
Looking for a set of 15" rims for my Mercury Mountaineer to get away from what I already have. I'm very open to Custom and/or other Explorer, Mustang and Ranger rims. Something to change it up.

Similar or greater offset preferred. I have 31" tires on it now.

PM me what you have.

Thanks

I currently have these wheels currently but the finish on 2 of them has peeled off and the aluminum has discolored. If you have a partial set of these, I would be open to that.

full.jpg
I have one of those aluminum rims I plan on using for my spare. I call that pattern "dot n slot". You can buff the loose crap off it and put a coat of silver paint on it. That would improve it's looks because mine has that same problem. I may even give it a high pressure wash and paint it up when it's dry.
Last year I bought 5 exact matching jeep wheels off fb and used wheel adapters. My mountaineer is a 4.5 inch lug pattern and my jeep wheels are 5 inch lug pattern. Just don't order from wheel adapters usa in California. They take your money and take much much longer to fill their orders than they promise. Mine are aluminum adapters and are still in good shape. I'm keeping them but the next time I do this I'll try to go with steel adapters. I have my exploder rims back on it now because I got new tires on there for the winter. Just keep in mind those adapters are for light duty use only! Not for heavy hauling, definitely not for racing or driving like a jackass.

dang!!! nice!!!!!

Back